Kimchi is traditionally a fermented Korean side dish made from seasonal vegetables. This is more like an inspire-by and quick-pickle version.
Time: ~20 min, but best the next day
Ingredients:½ head nappa cabbage, chopped into ribbons (Kellogg Valley Farms)2 tablespoons sea salt2 green onions (Kellogg Valley Farms)1 clove garlic, smashed into paste1 teaspoon grated ginger1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce½ cup rice wine vinegar1 tablespoon sugar6 small carrots, peeled and grated
1) In a colander over a bowl, toss cabbage with salt and set aside for 15 minutes.
2) In a bowl, combine onions, garlic paste, ginger, chili garlic sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Whisk to combine.
3) Add the carrots and stir.
4) Squeeze as much liquid as possible out of the cabbage and toss with the carrots.
5) Transfer quick kimchi to a jar or lidded container and let hang out in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy. Even better after a day or two.
Enjoy on tacos and/or with beans .