Sticks with a Kick
Time: ~ 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
• 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
• ¼ cup candied jalapenos*
• 1 egg*
• ¼ cup honey*
• 1 ½ cups kefir* or buttermilk
• 1 package Glutino Yankee Cornbread mix
• melted coconut oil or butter
1) Put cornbread stick pan (or other cooking vessel) in oven and pre-heat to 425F.
2) Melt butter in a small skillet and add in chopped candied jalapenos. Cook for a minute and set aside.
3) Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together egg and honey. Stir in kefir or butter-milk until mixed. Stir in cornbread mix. Once combined, add melted butter and jalapenos. Stir to combine.
4) If using a cornbread stick pan, brush each well with melted coconut oil or butter. Fill each well with batter, using a spoon to nudge batter into crevices.
5) Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until golden and puffy. Use a spoon to ease cornbread sticks out of each form. Repeat until all batter is used.
Enjoy with soup or chili. Try not to eat too much.
*Local goodies from Cedar Rock Ridge and Newton Ridge Farm. Kefir made by a friend.