• New Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church of Conway, located at 8 Taylor Circle, will celebrate it’s 13th annual Christmas Morning service on Monday, Dec. 25, at 9 a.m. The theme is "Christ is born." Pastor Willie Johnson of Solomon Grove Baptist Church of Twin Groves will be the guest speaker. The public is invited to attend.
• The Lantern Theatre will be holding auditions for "Steel Magnolias" Jan. 8-9.
• Blackbird Academy is offering two free field trip opportunities. "Peter Pan, the Ballet," will be presented on Jan. 26 and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the Play," will be presented on March 9. There is no charge, but reservations must be made by contacting Ann Turney at 501-472-7303 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon possible to assure availability of the show (before the Christmas holidays is recommended).
The Faulkner County Library will be closed Sunday, December 24 and Sunday, December 31.
• Red Curtain Theatre is putting on "Miracle on 34th Street: The Musical"
• The Lantern Theatre presents "A Lantern Christmas" at 2:30 p.m. The show will consist of sketches, Christmas carols and improv.
• The Mayflower City Council will meet at City Hall at 7 p.m.
• The Greenbrier Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a meeting from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Greenbrier Municipal Building.
• The Conway Planning Commission will hold a meeting at 7 p.m. in the District Court Building.
• The Faulkner County Retired Teachers Association will meet at 1 p.m. for a potluck luncheon at the Conway First Baptist Church activity center.
• The Vilonia City Council will meet at 18 Bise Drive, Vilonia at 7 p.m.
• The choir of Grace Presbyterian Church, 1010 Hogan Lane, will present a Christmas concert, "Kinsman Redeemer," beginning at 7 p.m. The children of the church will also perform a Nativity pageant. The public is invited.
• A Christmas Carol will take the stage at 7:30 p.m. at the Reynolds Performance Hall on the campus of the University of Central Arkansas.