St. Joseph High School held its Senior Awards presentations May 12 where college scholarships, academic recognitions, and sports achievements were announced.
The final days of voting for three contested school board election seats in Faulkner County are set for Monday and Tuesday at two precincts in Greenbrier and Vilonia. Both precincts have offered early voting since May 11 ahead of Tuesday’s Election Day.
St. Joseph School first grader Audrey Magie and her toad “Molly” won first place at Thursday’s “Jump for Education” toad race in downtown Conway. The toad races, a regular event during the city’s annual Toad Suck Daze festival, went on this year despite the traditional festival format being …
Construction work to improve the Interstate 40 overpass over Salem Road (Old Highway 25) will mean lane closures in Conway, according to Arkansas Department of Transportation (ArDOT) officials.
COVID-19 has impacted Arkansans in a variety of ways. For families who have lost partial or full wages due to layoffs and shut downs, the stress of keeping a roof over their heads has been especially hard. With help from a variety of government assistance programs, residents in central Arkan…
Kimberly-Clark Professional, a child organization of the well-known personal care product manufacturer of the same name, announced a donation of over 1 million face masks and cleaning products to school districts across the country on Wednesday, including Conway Public Schools (CPSD). The do…
Effective Thursday, May 13, Baptist Health has expanded eligibility for the two-dose Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to all residents 12 years of age or older. Those under 18 require a parent or guardian’s consent.
The Conway Board of Education removed the requirement for students and staff members to wear face masks anytime they are outside the school buildings on campus.
The Vilonia School District Board of Education voted Monday to approve multiple purchases at its May board meeting, per the meeting minutes provided to the Log Cabin by district Superintendent David Stephens.
Four Faulkner County schools and one area college are preparing to honor their graduating high school seniors this weekend with ceremonies scheduled around the county. Guy-Perkins, Conway Christian, Greenbrier and St. Joseph are all scheduled to host graduation ceremonies beginning on Friday night.
The Conway Morning Rotary Club gave all nine Conway elementary schools several books on the topics of racial diversity and the value and inclusion of all people this fall.
St. Joseph Elementary School held toad races on Tuesday in conjunction with Conway’s Toad Suck Daze 2021, which is holding smaller events than usual throughout the month.
The Conway City Council approved the allocation of over $300,000 to the city’s Overnight Emergency Shelter in a unanimous vote at the City of Conway Council Chambers on Tuesday night.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences’ (UAMS) Institute for Digital Health & Innovation is launching specialized, 24/7 digital health services for victims of sexual assault. This unique care platform will be part of the Sexual Assault Assessment Program in emergency departments…
According to superintendent evaluations from 2018 and 2019, Dr. Mark Gotcher’s job performance at Russellville School District was rated “proficient.”
A fatal accident Sunday morning in El Paso involving of a 79-year-old Conway man is being ruled “a natural death” by the White County Coroner’s Office.
The Springhill Elementary School kindergarten through second-grade students and teachers celebrated the nearing end of the school year with a carnival last week.
Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson announced his intention to sign an executive order to create the American Rescue Plan Steering Committee on Tuesday at his weekly briefing at the State Capitol.
Conway High School student Alan Sun was selected to attend National Youth Orchestra (NYO) 2, per a press release provided to the Log Cabin on April 15. NYO2, a highly competitive summer training program for high school musicians, is a residential program which will take place at Purchase Col…
The Conway Public Schools (CPSD) Board of Education will review a collection of legislative acts the 93rd General Assembly of the Arkansas State Legislature passed in its recent session that affects public education within the state at its meeting on Tuesday night, per an agenda provided to …
Gov. Asa Hutchinson has directed the Division of Workforce Services to end the State of Arkansas’s participation in the federal supplemental unemployment assistance after June 26.
The Conway City Council will discuss amendments to the 2019 CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) action plan, a purchase and annual bid for the Transportation Department and the Markham Square project at its regular meeting at 6 p.m. in City Hall. Aldermen will have a committee meeting a…
Conway Regional celebrated completion of the frame of its new Critical Care Unit with a topping-out ceremony Wednesday that included placing the final beam signed by Conway Regional team members and community leaders.
Editor’s note: This is the final article in a series on food insecurity. The Log Cabin Democrat and its sister papers in central Arkansas collaborated on this effort. This piece highlights the work of local organizations fighting food insecurity and how residents can help.
Faulkner County has three contested school board election races up for grabs this year, County Clerk Margaret Darter told the Log Cabin Democrat. The three positions, in the Greenbrier and Vilonia School Districts, will be put to voters in their respective communities on May 11 with the begi…
- CPS purchases disinfectant foggers for all its schools
- EcoFest organizers giving students face masks, care packages
- Arkansas to fund Wi-Fi access points for students in the state
- Arkansas records 990 new cases of COVID-19
- Vilonia School District will require all students to wear face masks
- Arkansas records largest increase in community cases of coronavirus
- Senator tests positive for COVID-19
- State records 591 new cases, hospitalizations decrease from peak
- FCSO says it will assist businesses with mask complaints
- Confirmed coronavirus cases at FCDC
- Volunteers handing out free food for fourth consecutive week
- CHDC has 92 active COVID-19 cases
- Food assistance available on Tuesday
- Inmate populations at a 10-year low in Faulkner County
- Sunday parade celebrates WWII vet's 95th birthday
- Council approves establishing $200K credit line during pandemic
- Greenbrier park nearing completion
- Brothers hope residents 'don't lose heart'
- Conway teen missing out on senior activities remains focused on his future
- State officials release statements on clinic's noncompliance
- Conway Morning Rotary service project
- Mallett, Pasierb receive Father Dellert Awards
- New releases at Faulkner County Library
- Yesterdays 5/15/21
- Final days of voting for school board elections near
- St. Joseph student out-hops competition in annual toad races
- Police beat 5/15/21
- Lann promoted to captain
- Conway man's death ruled 'natural, not accident'
- Police beat 5/12/21
- Three school board races up for grabs beginning next week
- Eric James Hambuchen
- Police beat 5/7/21
- City Council approves allocation of funds to overnight emergency shelter
- Toad Suck Daze airplane parade
- Conway student chosen for National Youth Orchestra summer training program
- A student's next chapter
- Police beat 5/11/21
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.