• Now-April 27 — Registration is open for Kids Run Arkansas until the event, which will be held at 6 p.m. at Laurel Park. This is a 1 mile and 3 mile run/walk sponsored by Conway Regional Health System. To guarantee shirt size, please register by April 3. Registration is $8. For more information, visit www.conwayregional.org.
• Now-April 30 — Senior Art Exhibition, Monday, April 2, – Monday, April 30, Trieschmann Gallery. Opening Reception, Thursday, April 5, 5-7 p.m. Sponsor: Department of Art, 501-505-1562.
• Now-April 30 — Conway Adult Ed now registering for new term of Computer Classes to begin the week of April 30; for more information, call 450-4810 or check caec.org.
• Now-May 9 — Melissa Gill – New Works on Paper, Monday, April 9 – Wednesday, May 9, Art Building A. Sponsor: Department of Art, 501-505-1562.
• April 15 — Ansley Fleming Faculty Organ Recital, 3 p.m., Greene Chapel. Organ music of Bach, Whitlock, Karg-Elert and Widor. Sponsor: Department of Music, 501-450-1243.
• April 16 — Wind Ensemble Spring Concert, 5:30 p.m., Lawn in front of Staples. Sponsor: Department of Music, 501-450-1422.
• April 17 — Community Group Meditation, 12:30-1 p.m. at the District Court Building, 810 Parkway St. Silent gathering for peaceful change. For more information, call 450-9097.
• April 17 — The April Conway Running Club (CRC) Membership meeting, 6-7 p.m., at Pizza Inn, 815 Hogan Ln. in Conway. The meeting is open to the community. Guest speaker will be Kim Stevenson, or “Kiwi”, (Hendrix College Class of 1977) of Rotorua, New Zealand. For more information, visit www.conwayrunning.com.
• April 17-May 17 — Catholics Returning Home. St. Joseph Church in Conway is offering a six-week series for non-practicing Catholics who are seeking answers to questions about returning to the Church. The sessions are free and childcare is provided. The series will be every Thursday from 7-8:30 p.m. in the Parish Administration Office Conference Room. For more information, call 327-6568.
• April 18-21 — Country Club, by Douglas Carter Beane, Wednesday, April 18-Saturday, April 21, 7:30 p.m. and Saturday 2 p.m., Cabe Theatre. Open Seating. Sponsor: Department of Theatre Arts and Dance, 501-450-1343.
• April 19 — Arkansas Community Foundation Faulkner County The Giving Tree Celebration: Growing Our Community, 5:30-7 p.m. at Michelangelo’s in the Terrazzo Room (third floor) in the Halter Building, 1117 Oak St. Comments and recognitions at 6.
• April 19 — Faulkner County Landlord meeting will be held at 7 p.m. at Faulkner County Library on Tyler Street. The discussion will be “Changes in the Arkansas Landlord-tenant Legislation.”
• April 20 — Renewal Ranch will be hosting the second annual Renewal Ranch Golf Classic at The Greens at Nutter Chapel. The tournament features a morning and afternoon flight with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Registration is at 7:30 for the morning and noon for the afternoon flight. Prizes will be awarded for First, Second and Third place teams, Hole in One, Closest to the Pin, Putting and Longest Drive. In addition there will be door prizes and gift bags. For additional information, to register a team or to become a sponsor of the event contact: Travis Parsley at 501-628-7432 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Renewal Ranch website at www.TheRenewalRanch.org or call 501-269-4306.
• April 21 — The Morgan’s Miles 5k will be held 8 a.m. at Antioch Baptist Church, 150 Amity Road in Conway. Registration entry forms and online race registration is available at www.arkansasrunner.com. For sponsorship or volunteer opportunities, please contact Jonathan Wilson at 501-269-6837.
• April 21 — The Arkansas Genealogical Society will host a free workshop, 9 a.m. at Lakewood United Methodist Church, 1922 Topf Rd., North Little Rock. “Caught In The Middle: Bridging the Gap Between Fundamentals and Technology” will feature speakers Lynda Suffridge, Russell Baker, Buford Suffridge and George Mitchell. The event will be covering Digitizing your family history, DNA, Looking for Southern Native American Ancestors and Using Basic Research Principles – Even in an Internet World. Those attending are welcome to bring a sack lunch – coffee, tea and water provided. For additional information/registration, go to www.agsgenealogy.org or contact Suzanne Jackson 501-753-2551.
• April 21 — Antique Tractor Show from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Pickles Gap Village (1 and 1 1/2 miles north of Conway on U.S. Hwy. 65) For more information, call Howard or Maryhal Hargis at 501-988-1354, 501-416-2432 or 501-231-1354, Ty Kelso, 501-428-9159, or Joe Ehemann, 479-747-4493.
• April 21 — Plumerville Homecoming Committee “Bean Supper” 4-7 p.m. in W. C. Plummer Senior Center located east of Arch Ford Coop. The menu consists of pinto beans, cornbread, home fried potatoes, slaw, a dessert and drink. The cost is $6 per adult and $4 under 12 years of age. The event is the annual fundraiser for the organization. The Committee sponsors the school homecoming activities each year for the city and former graduates of Plumerville High School. For more information, contact Bill Plummer at 208-2882; David Garrett at 354-5241; or Janice McKnight at 354-5321.
• April 21 — The Ford Theater in downtown Conway will host a fashion event like no other. The Ford Theater presents Ashley Yingling’s “Love for Fashion” at 6 p.m. The one-hour show will include approximately 60 models. VIP ticket holders will enjoy light hor d’oeurves, non-alcoholic beverages, and choice seating as well as access to an after party. A portion of the proceeds will be given to Bethlehem House, Conway’s Transitional Homeless Shelter. Every dollar donated will be matched 2 to 1 to be used to build the new shelter. Suggested dress is business casual. Get your ticket now at www.thefordtheater.com or call 501-358-1755.
• April 21 — The third annual Friendship Gospel Music Singing event will be held 6 p.m. at the Friendship Baptist Church Life Center at 767 Rock Point Rd. in Conway. Enjoy entertainment from Sonny Thrasher, Robin Covington, Calvary’s Voice, Bobby Price, Esther Hetherington, Ed Lybarger, Farrel Marshell, Max Henry, Butch Money and more. Free admission and refreshments plus fellowship and fun at Friendship Baptist Church on Hwy. 64 east in Conway. For more information, call 501-329-4247.
• April 22 — A fundraiser for the Todd Watkins family will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Guy School Cafeteria. Todd will have a liver transplant soon and he and his family will have to spend time in Memphis, Tenn., during his recovery. A fish or barbecue dinner along with hot dogs for children and a dessert auction will be provided.
To be part of the entertainment that will take place, call Aimee Glover at 679-4570. For more information or to volunteer for the event, contact Diana (Mitchell) Watkins at 336-4381, Phyllis Poole at 472-1287, or Connie Bollier at 581-2036.
• April 23 — Chamber Orchestra Spring Concert, 7:30 p.m., Reves Recital Hall. Sponsor: Department of Music 501-450-1247.
• Daily — Alcoholics Anonymous meets at noon, daily at the American Legion Post 16, across from the fire station.
• Sundays — Bearers of Light, a free support group for families that have experienced pregnancy loss, stillbirth or newborn death, meets the second Sunday of each month. The support group is an extension of the Resolve Through Sharing bereavement program at Conway Regional. The perinatal bereavement program is designed to addresses a family’s individual needs through supportive care in the hospital as well as follow—up care. Bearers of Light is a parent-led, self-help group guided by professionals who attend the meetings to provide information and facilitate group discussion. The program is free and no registration is required. Call 513-5227 or 514-8387 for details.
• Mondays — Al—Anon at First United Methodist Church at 1610 Prince Street, 7 to 8 p.m.
• Mondays — The Toadsuck Car Club meets every second Monday of the month at 7 p.m. at Bob’s Grill in Conway.
• Mondays — Women’s Weekly Closed Alcoholic’s Anonymous Meeting Mondays, 5:30-6:30 p.m. at That Church, Deer St. Conway. Information, call Donna F., 501-733-8580.
• First Monday of the month — The Central AR Model Railroad Club (CAMRC) meets at Whole Hog Cafe at 120 E. Oak St. for a self—pay meal at 5:30 p.m. The club meeting follows at 6. As train hobbyists involved in all scales of railroading, we participate in the world’s greatest hobby by designing, constructing, and demonstrating train layouts in action during family-friendly train open house events held in Conway. We also build community awareness of the railroad history of this area and sponsor educational activities about railroading. Visit our website: www.artrains.org or call 269-3030.
• First Monday — Arkansas Transplant Support Group meets the first Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. If you are waiting for or had a transplant, or a friend or family member of a transplant you are welcome. For more informtion: Organ Recipient Association of Arkansas, Conway, Deb and Dale Smith email@example.com or 501-472-0461.
• Mondays — Conway Men’s Chorus meets for rehearsals on Monday evenings from 6-7 p.m. at Woodland Heights Baptist Church from mid-February to May and from mid-September to December. More than 50 men from all walks of life, all ages, all levels of musical talent comprise the Chorus. Men who simply love the fun of singing are invited to join the fellowship and prepare their annual May and December concerts as gifts to the community. For more information, contact Mike McCullars, Chairman, at 327-5151, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Mondays — Conway Area Mothers of Multiples meets at 7 p.m. every second Monday at the Conway Regional Hospital main entrance. For more information, visit www.conwaymom.vpweb.com.
• Mondays — “Bereavement Support Group.” Noon, every first and third Monday, Conway office of Arkansas Hospice, 1014 West Markham St. Open to anyone who has experienced a loss. For more information, call Carol Fitch at 328-5400.
• Mondays — “Mothers of Preschool Children.” 9 a.m. Monday, University Church of Christ, 3155 Dave Ward Drive. Theme: “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.” Classes for children and mothers. Open to public. Call Rebecca Pratt, 733-2530.
• Mondays — “Veterans of Foreign Wars.” 6 p.m., the first Monday of each month at College Square, Memorial Post 7163 of the Veterans of Foreign Wars. All veterans are invited.
• Mondays — “Celebrate Recovery,” 6:30-9 p.m. New Life Church, 633 S. Country Club Rd., Conway. Anonymity and confidentiality strictly upheld. Childcare Provided. Free and open to the public. For more information, call Alison 501-410-3728 or visit http://celebraterecoverynlc.blogspot.com.
• Mondays — Vilonia Baptist Fellowship Clothes Closet is open each 6—8 p.m. unless there is a holiday or inclement weather. They give away free clothing to anyone, and also accept clothing only donations. They are at 767 Highway 64 East, right before the Vilonia Animal Clinic.
• Second Monday — “UCT Meeting.” United Commercial Travelers (UCT), a non—profit, charitable organization whose mottos are “People Helping People” and “Where Community and Compassion Unite,” meets on the second Monday of each month at Denny’s Restaurant. Dinner at 6 p.m. and meeting at 7 p.m. UCT has been in existence for over 100 years and has chapters in both the USA and Canada. “Our focus is on persons with mental or physical disabilities, but also support a variety of causes.” For more information, call Mark McMurtrey at 450-5308 or email at email@example.com.
• Second Monday — “DAV Meeting.” 7 p.m., John H. Dunn Disabled American Veterans and Auxiliary meets on every 2nd Monday at the chapter, 1490 S. Donaghey, Conway. For more information, call 501-472-1492.
• Monday and Tuesday — Zumba Classes are held at the Greenbrier Event Center Monday 6-7 p.m. and Tuesday 7:15-8:15 p.m. For more information, call Maria Woodard at 501-849-2241.
• Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays — “Greenbrier Group of Alcoholics Anonymous” Alcoholics Anonymous meetings on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the Greenbrier City Event Center, located at 5 Lois Lane. All meetings (open format) at 7:30 p.m. in the upstairs meeting room.
• Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays — Yoga Class with Sheila Doughty of Twisted Sister Yoga will be teaching classes at 8:15 a.m. at the Greenbrier Event Center. Sheila offers modifications to fit all fitness levels. Yoga is an excellent way to reduce stress and increase flexibility. For more information, call 501-269-2489.
¦ Monday-Thursday and Saturday — Jazzercize is offered Monday 4:30-5:30 p.m.; Tuesday 4:30-5:30 p.m. and 6-7 p.m.; Wednesday 4:30-5:30 p.m. and 6-7 p.m.; Thursday 6-7 p.m.; and Saturday 9-10 a.m., at the Greenbrier Event Center. For more information, call Sara Havens at 501-581-1456.
¦ Second Monday of every month — American Needlepoint Guild, Natural State Stitchers Chapter, meets the second Monday every month at 6:30 p.m. at The Stitcher’s Garden, 1018 VanRonkle in Conway. For more information, contact Debbie Rowley, 730-0642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
¦ Third Monday of each month — AARP meets at 11 a.m. at Conway Senior Citizens Center. Everyone is invited. For more information, call President Ron Ross at 327-6803.
¦ Fourth Monday of each month — The Faulkner County Democratic Women meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library in Conway. All women and men who support the Democratic Party are invited to attend. For more information, see www.fcdw.org.
¦ Fourth Monday of each month — Christian Car Club of Conway at 7 p.m. at the Lifeword Broadcast Ministries at Scott and Locust. Call Michael Biggs at 339-7700 for more information.
¦ Fourth Monday of each month — Sons of Confederate Veterans Col. A. R. Witt Camp #615 meet at 7 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library. Any interested individuals in the SCV can attend. For more information, contact Roger Mills at 327-7730.
¦ Fourth Monday — The Faulkner County Republican Committee meets the fourth Monday of each month at the McGee Center in Conway. Dinner at 6 p.m. and meeting starts at 6:45 p.m. This is not limited to members, all are welcome to attend. Call 501-733-7796 for information.
¦ First Tuesday — Central Arkansas Quilt Guild at the McGee Center, 3800 College Ave., 6:30-9 p.m.
¦ First Tuesday — Friends of the Faulkner County Library meets at 10 a.m. the first Tuesday of each month in the Librarian’s Office at 1900 Tyler St., Conway. Individual memberships are $5 and can be purchased at the meeting. If you are interested in supporting the Faulkner County Libraries, please attend the meeting. For information, please call 501-327-7482.
¦ Tuesday — Al-Anon at First Nazarene Church on Faulkner and Scott Streets. 7:30-8:30 p.m. Contact Marge at 329-5360 for more information.
¦ Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays — Fine art classes for children meet on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 4-6 p.m. For more information, call The Art School at 269-1208.
n Tuesdays — Faulkner County Tea Party Lunch/Soapbox meets every Tuesday, Hole In the Wall Restaurant in the Old Gin, 1016 Markham, buffet 11:30 a.m., Soapbox/meeting starts at noon-1 p.m. Open meeting. No membership required.
¦ Tuesdays — TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), each Tuesday at the McGee Center, 3800 College Avenue, weigh-in at 9:15 am., meeting from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., for more information call 339-1175 or 329-0558.
¦ Tuesdays — Greenbrier TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) 539 meets Tuesday nights at 6:30 at the Fire Station in Greenbrier. Weigh-in at 6 p.m. New members are welcome. Come join us.
¦ Tuesdays — TOPS— AR402 meets Tuesdays at First Church of the Nazarene on Faulkner Street at Scott Street in Conway. Confidential weigh-in from 5:45 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. with program starting at 7 p.m. For more information, call 327-7118 or 730-0391.
¦ Tuesdays — Free line dancing classes, noon to 1 p.m., at the Faullkner County Senior Citizens Activity Center, 1620 Donaghey. For information, call 327-2895 or call Evelyn Pratt, 329-3055.
¦ Tuesdays — Free art class, 8:30-10:30 a.m., at the Faullkner County Senior Citizens Activity Center, 1620 Donaghey.
¦ Tuesdays — The Conway Business and Professional Women meet the fourth Tuesday every month at the Faulkner County Library meeting room. Contact Lois Lee at 470-1811 for more information.
¦ Tuesdays — Community Group Meditation, 12:30-1 p.m. weekly (except during holiday weeks) at the District Court Building, 810 Parkway St. in Conway. A silent gathering for peaceful change. All are welcome to this time and place to show up as our expanded selves, beyond ideologies, desiring the highest good. Occupy as One. Contact Pamela Mosley at 450-9097.
¦ Tuesdays — DivorceCare Small Group, 6:30-8 p.m., beginning March 27, at First United Methodist Church, 1610 Prince St., Trinity Building - Parlor. Separated? Divorced? Find yourself wanting to talk with others in similar situations? Join the DivorceCare Small Group. Childcare is available. This group is open to the community as well as the FUMC congregation. Contact Rebecca Davis, email@example.com or 730-0551, to sign up or find out more. Advance sign ups are preferred.
¦ First Tuesday — The Alzheimer’s Support Group meets the first Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. in Room 107 at the First United Methodist Church, 1610 Prince Street, Conway. For more information, contact Patsy at 501-513-9578 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
n First Tuesday — Multiple Sclerosis Self Help Group meets at 6:30 p.m. at Conway Regional Fitness Center, 700 Salem Rd. For more information, call 327-9944.
¦ Second Tuesday — “Mid—Day Manna,” led by Wanda Landers, will be held on the second Tuesday of each month from 11:45 a.m.-12:50 p.m. at Woodland Heights Baptist Church. Lunch will be served for $5 and our schedule is planned so that ladies who work can join us on their lunch hour and still have time to get back to work. Childcare will be available upon request by calling 269-4387. Ladies of our community are cordially invited. Woodland Heights Baptist Church is located at 4215 Prince St. in Conway.
¦ Second Tuesday — Arkansas Children’s Hospital Circle of Friends monthly meeting 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at Whole Hog Café in Conway.
¦ Second Tuesday — Alzheimer’s Care Givers Support Group A community Alzheimer’s Care Givers Support Group meets the second Tuesday of each month at 2 p.m. in the Family Life Center at Greenbrier Church of the Nazarene.
¦ Second Tuesday — Circle of Friends Faulkner County Chapter meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at Whole Hog Cafe. For more information, call 501-269-2350.
¦ Third Tuesday — Conway Radio Control Association of model airplanes will be held at Smitty’s Barbeque (Family members invited) located across from the Bus Factory on Hwy 65B, starting at 7 p.m. Show up earlier to give yourself time to eat. The meeting is open to any model airplane enthusiasts.
¦ Third Tuesday — The Arkansas Ladies of Faith monthly brunch at 10 a.m., every third Tuesday, at the Agora Conference Center in Conway. For reservations, call Charlene at 501-796-3840 or reserve a seat online at www.ArkansasLadiesofFaith.webs.com. A $12 donation will be collected at the brunch.
¦ Last Tuesday — Conway Regional Diabetes Education Support Group meets the last Tuesday of each month in the Conway Regional Women’s Center’s Diabetes Education Classroom. For more information, call 513—5248.
¦ First Wednesday of each month — Ladies’ Lunch Break at Second Baptist Church Fellowship Hall. Come and be fed both physically and spiritually from noon to 1 p.m. A delicious meal including dessert and drink is served for $5. Nursery care is available. Call the Church Office at 327-6565 to make arrangements.
¦ Second Wednesdays — “Parkinson’s Support Group.” 1:30 p.m., second Wednesday of every month, Conway Regional Rehab; for more information, call Bronnie Rose, facilitator, at 329-6282 or 246-1972.
¦ Third Wednesday — Roses Among Thorns, a cancer support group for women surviving any form of cancer, meets 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. every third Wednesday of each month at Springhill Baptist Church Fellowship Hall. For more information, contact Linda Dickey at 501-679-2931 or 501-472-1120.
¦ Wednesdays — Sexual Assault Crisis Response Support Groups, 1500 Museum Road, Conway, Wren Corner, every Wednesday. Sexual Assault support group meets 8-9 a.m.; Domestic Violence support group meets 9:30-10:30 a.m. For more information, contact Kate Vincent at 501-730-9864.
¦ Wednesdays — Al-Anon group meeting 10 a.m. at a private home in Guy. Book study and discussion for friends and family of alcoholics. Please call 501-679-6544.
n Wednesdays — A Close-Knit Faith Community is an interdenominational group of knitters and crocheters who gather each Wednesday morning, from 9:30-11:30 a.m., to meditate on Scripture as they knit for charity. All skill levels are encouraged to participate in making lap-robes, hats and baby items which are then blessed and distributed to local agencies. Patterns, some yarns and tools are available. Donations of worsted weight yarn is welcome. The group meets at the St. Joseph Parish Administration Office located to the east of the Church. Call 501-513-6812 for more information. The group welcomes all faiths.
¦ First Thursday — Support Group for Parents of Bipolar Children meets the first Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. Contact Amanda Beckman 358-8961 or www.freewebs.com/carpbc.
¦ Thursdays — “Men’s Fraternity.” 6 a.m. Thursday, Central Baptist Church, 3333 Dave Ward Drive. All men are welcome; light breakfast will be served at 5:45 a.m. Topic is “Winning at Work and Home.” Call 329-9283 or visit the website www.mensfraternity.com.
¦ Third Thursday — “Third Thursday Gallery Walk.” Every third Thursday, Downtown Conway, participants will be listed online as they join. For more information, visit www.gallerywalk.freeservers.com or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
¦ Thursdays — “Bike Night.” Every third Thursday, Wendy’s, 3750 Dave Ward Dr., Conway; sponsored by ABATE - District 17.
¦ Thursdays — La Leche League of Conway offers 24-hour phone support and monthly informational meetings for breastfeeding mothers. Meetings are held the first Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the nursery of St. Peter’s Episcopal Church. Mothers-to-be and babies are always welcome to attend. For more information, call Jennifer at 908-6283.
¦ Second Thursday — Faulkner County Tea Party meets at 7 p.m. in the McGee Center, 3800 College Ave. The group is a non-partisan organization that promotes constitutional government and fiscal responsibility, thus ensuring future generations continue to enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. For more information, visit www.faulknercoteaparty.com.
¦ Thursdays — “Overeaters Anonymous.” 5:15 p.m., Conway First United Methodist Church, 1610 Prince St., Room
¦ First Thursday — The Faulkner County Republican Women meet at 11:30 a.m. the first Thursday of each month at Smitty’s Restaurant. For more information, call Joyce Garrison at 327-0384.
¦ Second Thursday — Machine Embroidery Conway AR Machine Embroiderers (CAME) meets the second Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, Conway. Open to all Machine Embroidery Enthusiasts, beginner to advance.
n Second and fourth Thursdays — Conway Evening Lions Club, 6:30 p.m., the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Sandy’s Kitchen, 1815 Old Morrilton Highway in Conway. All are welcome to attend. Call 336-5959 for information.
¦ Third Thursday of the month — The Greenbrier High School Association of Christian Students and Fellowship of Christian Athletes will be hosting a Youth Outreach night at The Barn at Moo Moo’s Yogurt Bar located at 287 South Broadview in Sim’s Place in Greenbrier on the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. featuring different guest speakers. All local high school students are invited to attend. For more information, contact Johnnie Hoffman at 501-733-2565.
¦ Third Thursday — General Membership Meeting of the Faulkner County Landlords Association, 7 p.m. Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St., Conway. Visit our website at www.FCLLA.org or email ContactUs@FCLLA.org for additional information.
¦ Third Thursday — Survivors After Life Altering Disabilities Support Group will meet the third Thursday at noon at a new location — the Conway Regional Rehabilitation Hospital, located at 2210 Robinson west of Stoby’s restaurant. The group is designed especially for people with disabilities and their caregivers. For more information, call Catherine Gatlin at 501-514-4925.
¦ Third Thursday — Dale W. Langford Detachment No.1323, Marine Corps League will hold its monthly meeting commencing at 7 p.m. at the City of Hope building, 622 E. Robins St., Conway. For further information, please contact Frank A. Lambert, Adjutant, 501-269-2085.
¦ Friday — Al-Anon at First Nazarene Church on Faulkner and Scott streets. Noon to 1 p.m. Contact Cora at 327-9099.
¦ Fridays — Goodwill Industries of Arkansas, Inc. will be providing free computer training to the general public at the Goodwill Store in Conway. 2425 Sanders St. Classes will be held from 10 a.m. to noon each Friday. For more information or directions, call 329-6501.
¦ First Friday of the month — NAFRE meetings are held at 11 a.m. at the Hole In The Wall restaurant located in the Old Gin on Markham Street. All active and retired Federal employees and their spouses are invited to attend. For more information, call Ray Luyet, president, 501-327-7844 or Billy Johnson, vice-president, 501-336-0265.
¦ Fridays — Dance, 6:30—9:30 p.m., Country band; $4 admission, at the Faullkner County Senior Citizen Activity Center, 1620 Donaghey. For information, call 327-2895.
¦ Fridays — The Conway Creative Writers meets 2-5 p.m. every Friday at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. For more information, call 513-9316.
¦ First Friday of the month — Occupy Conway open meeting at the Faulkner County Library, 6-8 p.m. Reporting on issues, sharing ideas, collaborating creatively; potluck refreshments. All are welcome! For more information, call 450-9097.
¦ Fourth Friday — The Arkansas Conservative Forum meets the fourth Friday of each month at the Old Gin in Conway. Lunch begins at 11:30 a.m. and meeting starts at noon. Conservative speakers address current events and topics that are informative to conservatives. Open to All. Contact Nan Ramsey at 501-733-7796 or John Nabholz at 501-472-2447.
n Fridays and Saturdays — M.A.C.S. Bingo open at 5 p.m., start at 6:15. 55 Nabco Dr, Conway. Benefiting Make a Child Smile foundation. For more information, call 501-581-9074.
¦ Saturdays — Serenity Al-Anon Group. Saturdays 9:30-10:45 a.m. University Church of Christ at 3155 Dave Ward Drive. Use East Parking Lot Entrance. Child care provided. For more information, contact Cora at 327-9099.
¦ Saturdays — The Central Arkansas Basket Weavers Guild meets on the fourth Saturday of each month, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Faulkner County Library. Call Wilma at 470- 9869 for more information.
¦ Saturdays — An outreach mission using a coupon exchange for anyone that is interested in exchanging coupons that they don’t use for ones that they can use will be happening at Salem Church and also at the Faulkner County Library. The meeting time is 9:15-10:30 a.m. each Saturday. This will be a free event. A donation of a non-perishable item that will be given to local food pantry, but that is not required. For more information, call 327-2884 or 269-1321.
¦ Saturdays — The Gold Wing Road Riders Association Chapter L meets every third Saturday at 5 p.m. at Smitty’s BBQ for dinner, meeting begins at 6 p.m. For more information, call Bud Danner, director, at 501-514-5882.
¦ Third Saturday — Food Pantry open 8-11 a.m. at That Church, 1105 Deer St., Conway. The Pantry will be open each third Saturday of the month.
¦ Third Saturday — All crafters of any kind are invited to share fellowship while you do your craft at the Greenbrier Event Center. Bring your sewing machine and materials if you are doing quilting. All crafters are welcome: knitting, spinning, beadwork, scrapbooking, crochet, or any other craft project. Bring a crafty friend and join the group on the second floor any time between 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Tables and chairs will be provided. The third Saturday of every month is reserved for a whole year at the Greenbrier Event Center, #5 Lois Lane. Call 501-679-4760 for more information.
¦ Sundays — Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 2259 will be hosting Bingo from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. every Sunday. The Bingo sessions are open to the general public and is a Smoke Free environment. The Post is located on Old Morrilton Highway (U.S. 64), just north of the intersection with Donaghey, under the Conway Water Tower. For more information or directions, call 329-1230 or go to www.vfw2259.com.
How to submit To add a church, school or community event to the calendar, email email@example.com.