• The Salvation Army taking applications for Christmas assistance, 9 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m., The Salvation Army, 2125 Harkrider, Suite 12, for Cleburne, Faulkner, Perry and Van Buren County residents. Call The Salvation Army, 329-1712, ask for Capt. Joanna Robinson or Debbie Hendrix, social service director, or visit: www.salvationarmyusa.org.
• Goodwill Industries of Arkansas, Inc. free computer training, 10 a.m. to noon, Goodwill Store, 2425 Sanders. Call 329-6501.
• The Arkansas Conservative Forum, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Shorty’s, 1101 Harkrider St. Open to all. Nan Ramsey, 733-7796, or John Nabholz, 472-2447.
• Jenifer’s Antique Show, noon-5 p.m., Conway Expo Center, 2502 E. Oak St.
Admission, $5 adults, $1 children under 12. Good all weekend.
• Matthew Henriksen: Arkatext Craft Talk, 1 p.m., Thompson Hall UCA, 201 Donaghey. Fayetteville poet and editor, will discuss the dynamics of independent presses, as well as the Improved Lighting Reading Series, followed by a Q & A. Free and open to the public and appropriate for all ages.
• Hendrix Men’s & women’s Swimming & Diving 46th annual Handrix Classic, 2:30 p.m., Hendrix College, 1600 Washington.
• The 2013 Kids Run For Kids, 5:30 p.m., Conway High School Track, 2300 Prince St.
• Conway Christian Football vs Cutter Morning Star, 7 p.m., Conway Christian School, 500 E. German Ln.
• Mayflower Football vs Harding Academy, 7 p.m., Mayflower Football Field, 10 Leslie King Dr.
• Quitman High School Football vs Poyen, 7 p.m., Quitman School, 6275 Heber Springs Rd.
• Dessislava Nenova, 7:30 p.m., guest artist, cello, Snow Fine Arts Center Recital Hall, UCA, 201 Donaghey Ave.
• Bear Facts Day, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., UCA visitation day for prospective students and their parents, Reynolds Performance Hall, UCA, 201 Donaghey Ave.
• Soaring Wings Half Marathon and Relay, 8 a.m., McGee Center, 3800 College Ave.
• Pathways Through Aging and Caregiving, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., a free informational workshop for the "Sandwich Generation," St. Joseph Church Parish Administration Office, 1115 College Ave. Kathy Kordsmeier, 269-1998 or Jean Leffler, 327-6568.
• Greenbrier Fall Festival, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., behind the City Event Center, 5 Lois Ln.
• Community Connections Educational/Support meeting, 9-11 a.m., Pediatrics Plus Developmental Preschool, 575 Club Ln. Speaker: Scotty Smittle, of Chenal Family Therapy.
• City of Hope Outreach (CoHO) 2013 Hope Institute Lectures: Faith and Poverty; Topic: Ethics and Poverty, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Hope Institute, 608 E. Robins. Visit: www.cityhopeoutreach.com.
• "Old Ways From Old Days," 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., H & W’s Dime and Dollar, 659 Highway 225 East, Greenbrier.
• Faulkner County Senior Activity Center Third annual AARP Hootenanny, 2 p.m., 1620 N. Donaghey Ave.
• The 3rd Annual Trunk or Treat Car Show and Hotel Transylvania! Car Show 3-6 p.m., Trick or treating 5-7 p.m. Hotel Transylvania 7 p.m. The Village at Hendrix, 1040 Reynolds Ave.
• Woodland Heights Baptist Church Fall Festival, 5-7 p.m., 4215 Prince Street, Conway.
Please send items for Roundabout to Jessica Cole at www.thecabin.net/events and click "Create Event." To view a complete listing of events, go to www.thecabin.net/events.