• The Log Cabin Democrat Business Office will be closed for the observance of New Year’s Day. For assistance, please call 329-2927.
• Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St., will be closed.
• New Year’s Day, The Office, Landfill, Recycle Center and ReUse Center will be closed to reopen Jan. 2. Residential and Commercial trash routes will run as scheduled on New Year’s Day.
• Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St., will re-open at 9 a.m.
• Joy of Living, 9:15-11 a.m., Cornerstone Bible Church, with Helen Benafield, group wrap-up leader, 1905 Dave Ward Dr. Community-wide ladies Bible study. Church office, 327-2690.
• Story Time, 10 and 10:30 a.m., Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St.
• Crafts, 10:30 and 11 a.m., Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St.
• Play Bridge at the Faulkner County Library, 11 a.m., 1900 Tyler St. Call the library, 327-7482 or email Nancy@fcl.org.
• Conway Noon Rotary Club, 11:30 a.m., Conway Country Club, 555 Country Club Rd. Speaker: Susie Harvison, Guidance Counselor with Theodore Jones Elementary, speaking about their Backpack Program.
• Faulkner County Tea Party Lunch/Soapbox, 11:30 a.m., Larry’s Pizza, 1068 Markham St. Buffet, 11:30 a.m., Soapbox/meeting, noon-1 p.m. Open meeting. No membership required.
• La Leche League of Conway, 6:30 p.m., Conway Regional Medical Center Conference Room (East Entrance #1), 2302 College Ave. Jordan, 501-908-4933.
• Al-Anon, noon-1 p.m., Salem United Methodist Church, 1018 Salem Rd. Marge, 329-5360, or Wanda, 472-9703.
• Conway Creative Writers, 2-4 p.m., Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St. Dan Barham Jr., 513-9316.
• Story Time, 10:30 a.m., Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St.
• Spanish Story Time, 11 a.m., Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St.
• Eating Disorders 12-Step meeting, 6 p.m., 420 Willow St. Jessie N., 636-357-5724.
• Central AR Model Railroad Club (CAMRC), Whole Hog Cafe, 120 E. Oak St., 5:30 p.m., self-pay meal, meeting, 6. Visit: www.artrains.org or call 269-3030.
Please send items for Roundabout to Jessica Cole at www.thecabin.net/events and click "Create Event." To view a complete listing of events, go to www.thecabin.net/events.