The Black Alumni Chapter at the University of Central Arkansas will host the second annual Black Alumni Weekend from April 15-17.
The Black Alumni Chapter was established Sept. 21, 2013, to foster a sense of community among UCA black graduates and the alumni community while helping to advance the university’s mission.
"We want to perpetuate a cycle of continued commitment with our alums, and this weekend affords us that opportunity," Black Alumni Chapter President LaTonya Matheney said. "This weekend is relevant because it provides a specialized platform for fellowship and generous giving."
The Black Alumni Chapter will host the following events during the weekend:
• "The Rewind: Ol’Skool Alumni Stepshow" 7 p.m. April 15 at Ida Waldran Auditorium.
• Alumni social and happy hour 10 p.m. at the The Draft, 2235 Dave Ward Drive in Conway.
• Alumni block party 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Crafton Alumni Pavilion at the entrance of Estes Stadium.
• Scholarship and recognition banquet 7 p.m. at the Prince Center.
• Alumni worship service 11 a.m. at True Holiness Saints Center in Conway.
All events are open to the public.