• Oct. 20 — Children’s Advocacy Alliance 15th Annual Festival of Chairs 6:30 p.m. at the Centennial Valley Event Center. Call 501-358-4764 for more information.
• Oct. 20 — Conway Business Expo & Taste of Conway; 9 a.m. Conway Expo Center; Registration deadline Tuesday, Oct. 4. Call 501-327-7788 for more information.
• Nov. 17 — The Conway Regional Rehabilitation Hospital holds a free support group meeting for patients and caregivers the third Thursday of every other month at 6 p.m. Meetings are held at the hospital at 2210 Robinson Ave.
The group offers guidance on nutrition, exercise, social and emotional support and provides networking assistance for resources. Guest speakers present topics of general interest to the group at each meeting. For more information about the group, call Debbie Cummings, Recreational Therapist, 501-960-8219, or Gwen Galloway, RN, at 501-932-3565.
• Sen. Jason Rapert will host Arkansas Surgeon General Dr. Greg Bledsoe and Dr. Nate Smith, Director of the Arkansas Department of Health for a public forum on the proposed medical marijuana ballot initiatives at 6:30 p.m. The forum will be held in McCastlain ballroom at the University of Central Arkansas. Bledsoe and Smith will make presentations and then open up the forum for questions from the audience. All are welcome to attend.
• Celebrate Recovery, dinner at 6:15 p.m. and meeting at 7 p.m., Mosaic Church, 766 Harkrider St. Anonymity and confidentiality are strictly upheld, and childcare is provided. Free and open to the public. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lessie at 501-269-3359.
• Arkansas Conservative Forum meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at China Town Restaurant on Skyline Drive. For more information, call Bob Gregory, team leader, at 501-514-0727.
• Faulkner County Democratic Women’s Lunch, noon, Mike’s Place. The business meeting is conducted quarterly.
• Faulkner County Democratic Party meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler St.
• The free beginners clogging class with Donna Bivins for ages 60 and up takes place from 12:30-1:30 p.m. at the Ola and John Hawks Senior Wellness and Activity Center, 705 E. Siebenmorgan Rd.
• Free art class, 8:30-10:30 a.m., at the Faulkner County Senior Citizens Activity Center, 705 E. Siebenmorgan Rd.
• Soul Food Café Mission is open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 550 8th Ave. in Conway. For more information, visit: soulfoodcafemission.org or call Rick Harvey, Soul Food Café Mission executive director, at 501-514-5325.
• TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) AR 541 meets Tuesday at 10 a.m. at the McGee Center, 3800 College Ave., Conway. Weigh-in from 9:15 to 9:50. Meeting follows promptly at 10. Call Pat Blencowe at 501-336-8144 or Sandy at 501-329-0558.
• TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) AR #402 meets at Peace Lutheran Church, 800 S. Donaghey Ave., Conway (corner of Dave Ward and Donaghey). Confidential weigh-in from 5:30-6:20 p.m., with program starting at 6:30. Call 501-472-0903 or 501-499-5235.
• Friends of the Faulkner County Library meets at 10 a.m. in Meeting Room 1 at 1900 Tyler St., Conway. Individual memberships are $5 and can be purchased at the meeting. If you are interested in supporting the Faulkner County Libraries, please attend the meeting. Call 501-327-7482.
• The Central AR Model RR Club meets at The Fish House restaurant, 116 S. Harkrider, Conway. Self-pay meal at 5:30 p.m. The meeting begins at 6 p.m., with a train hobby presentation followed by discussion of pending business.
• Multiple Sclerosis Self Help Group meets at 6 p.m. at Conway Regional Fitness Center, 700 Salem Rd. Call 501-327-9944 or 501-679-2232.
• Central Arkansas Quilt Guild at the McGee Center, 3800 College Ave., 6:30-9 p.m.
• The Alzheimer’s Support Group meets at 7 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church, 1610 Prince St. Contact Kathy Jette at 450-7528 or by email at email@example.com.
• Conway Kiwanis Club, 11:30 a.m., China Town Restaurant, 201 Skyline Dr. #12A.
• Faulkner County Republican Women’s meeting, 11:30 a.m., Smitty’s BBQ. Speakers will be all three Conway mayoral candidates: Bart Castleberry, Mark Elsinger and Scott Grummer.
• Celebrate Recovery at oneChurch, dinner at 6 p.m. and meeting at 6:45 p.m., oneChurch, 1073 Front Street. Anonymity and confidentiality are strictly upheld, and childcare is provided. Free and open to the public. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call John at 501-205-9616 or Alison at 501-410-3728.
• Conway Noon Rotary Club meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the East Hall of the Old Gin Special Events Center, 1016 Markham St, Conway. For more information, contact Mike Binko at 501-504-4494.
• Faulkner County Tea Party Lunch/Soapbox buffet 11:30 a.m., Soapbox/meeting starts at noon-1 p.m. at Larry’s Pizza. Open meeting and no membership required.
• The Conway High School class of 1961 will commemorate 55 years since their graduation at reunion events on Oct. 7 and 8. The class will gather at Larry’s Pizza Friday afternoon on Oct. 7 and on Saturday at 5 p.m. for dinner at the Conway Country Club. For more information call Judy Krepps Corcoran at 501 329-8584.
• The annual fall book sale by the Friends of the Libraries at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler Street. The Friday evening sale, from 6-8:30 p.m. is for members of the Friends, but memberships for a little as $5 will be available at the door. Doors will open for the public on Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• The Conway High School class of 1961 will commemorate 55 years since their graduation at reunion events. The class will gather at 5 p.m. for dinner at the Conway Country Club. For more information call Judy Krepps Corcoran at 501 329-8584.
• The annual fall book sale by the Friends of the Libraries at the Faulkner County Library, 1900 Tyler Street. Doors will open for the public on Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Oct. 9 — Conway AGATE, Advocates for Gifted and Talented Education, will hold their fall meeting, 2 p.m., at Conway School‘s Administration Building, 2220 Prince Street.The guest speaker will be Ronnie Kay Erwin. Her topic will be: IF YOU DON’T ADVOCATE FOR YOUR G/T CHILD, WHO WILL?. Dr. Charlotte Green, G/T and A/P Supervisor for Conway Schools, will give an update on Conway’s G/T Program. There will be a time for questions and comments from parents. The public is invited. For more information contact Dr.Green at Conway School’s Administration Building.