The University of Central Arkansas offers one-time, emergency textbook grants for students to purchase textbooks.
The program, managed through the UCA Division of Student Services, can award emergency textbook grants of up to $500.
The grants can be awarded to full- or part-time students seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree.
“Sudden and unexpected emergencies are a part of everyone’s lives,” said John Fincher, assistant vice president for Student Services. “But for some college students already facing financial difficulty, a temporary setback can force a potentially life-altering decision.”
To be eligible for the emergency textbook grants, students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Enrolled at UCA during the semester in which the grant would be received.
• Repayment plan approved by Student Accounts account balance.
• In good standing with the institution.
• Able to demonstrate exceptional need.
• Exhausted of all other types of financial aid.
Students may apply for these funds by completing the online application at uca.edu/go/textbookgrants.
Grant award decisions will be evaluated and determined by members of the Emergency Student Support team, which consists of the representatives from Financial Aid, Student Accounts and DASH Emergency Grants offices.