From Conway Police Department reports

Not so fast police chase

A 25-year-old Conway man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of driving while intoxicated after leading officers on a pursuit and refusing to take a breathalyzer test.

According to an incident report, an officer first noticed the suspect's careless driving around 8 p.m. Wednesday while patrolling near the Wrong Chinese Restaurant on Harkrider Street.

In his report, the officer noted that when he first saw the suspect, he was driving with his brights on. The officer said he flashed the suspect in an attempt to get the suspect to turn his high beams off. However, when the officer flashed his lights at the suspect, the suspect swerved toward the officer and almost hit the officer's car.

While crossing the intersection of Bruce and Harkrider streets, the suspect almost hit another vehicle. At this point, the officer said he tried to pull over the suspect, who was driving carelessly.

According to the incident report, the officer turned his sirens on when the suspect refused to stop and called out to other units in the area that he was in pursuit.

The officer noted there was not much traffic in the area, but that it was raining as the suspect led him on a pursuit. According to the report, the suspect never drove more than 40 mph as he evaded police. The chase ended when the suspect crashed into another vehicle in the CVS Pharmacy parking lot, according to the report.

"The vehicle then pulled into the CVS parking lot, running over a curb and colliding with a parked vehicle," the report reads.

Officers who responded to the crash said the suspect "pretend[ed] not to know English" as they spoke with him and tried to get him to perform field sobriety tests.

Officers used Google translator to speak with the suspect. However, he later showed signs that he understood the English language, according to the report.

The 25-year-old suspect said he refused to take a breathalyzer test and, after officers were advised by a district attorney to obtain a warrant for a blood sample to determine the man's blood alcohol level, the suspect said  he would refuse that test as well.

The suspect was cited for driving while intoxicated, refusal to submit to chemical test, driving without a driver's license, careless and prohibited driving and fleeing.

Worrisome note

A Conway woman contacted authorities on Thursday regarding a note someone had left on her vehicle.

Officers were called out to Brookside Mobile Village to take the harassing communications report shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday, according to an incident report.

The 19-year-old woman told the responding officer that someone had left a note on her vehicle and it worried  her.

The note was signed by a man named Tony and left the woman his phone number. The man said he was deaf and did not have many friends in the area, also noting that his mother died recently.

The man also wrote that he told his mother before she died that he'd have a family "before she [was] gone" but could never find the right woman, noting the were always "bad woman/wrong (fake) women." He said he was 50 years old and was ready to have his first baby with the 19-year-old woman.

"I'm 50 yrs old and want to have first baby- I'm not from Conway- I just moved in- It's nice to meet you ... and I'd like to have yours- I'd like to be your friend. Tony," the end of the letter reads.

The woman told the officer her trailer has been broken into before and that she was worried someone has been watching her.

The responding officer told the woman how she she could pursue a no contact order against the man and kept the note as evidence.