A 35-year-old Conway man is facing five felony charges after allegedly attacking his girlfriend in front of her children earlier this year.

Russell Layton is charged with third-degree domestic battery, first-degree terroristic threatening, aggravated assault on a family or household member, two counts of first-degree endangering the welfare of a minor and misdemeanor theft of property following a Jan 5 incident. Online records show he was booked in the county jail on the aforementioned charges at 3:52 p.m. Monday and was being held without bond pending a first appearance hearing.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Conway officers were called out to the fire department after a woman drove up to Central Station and "began blaring the horn" to signal to firefighters she needed help.

Layton allegedly fled the scene on foot as firefighters opened the garage door to find out what was going on.

The woman said she and Layton were working on a construction project together on Center Street when Layton began "acting weird," noting he "was very agitated most of the day" while the two were working on renovating the house so that she could sell it.

The victim said Layton demanded she give him a ride to his wife's house and became aggressive when she initially declined his request.

"As the fight escalated, Layton slammed [the victim] down onto a box," one officer wrote in his report. "He had butted her several times. I could observe what appeared to be swelling on her forehead between her eyes."

According to her statement, the woman said Layton ripped out her earrings during the struggle, held her against the wall by her neck and told her, "This time I'll [explicit] kill you."

After Layton threatened to kill her, the woman said she agreed "to take him where he wanted to go."

"However, while they were driving, he continued to fight with her," the affidavit reads. "She pulled into the fire station parking lot [and] Layton said, 'You aren't doing this to me again.' He then shoved her out of the car and tried to get into the driver's side."

The victim told authorities that after Layton pushed her out of the vehicle, she reached back in and began blaring the horn to alert the firefighters of the situation.

The victim's two children were in the backseat during the entire incident.

Layton allegedly took her phone before jumping from the vehicle and fleeing the scene.

Felony charges were filed against Layton on Jan. 30. As of press time Tuesday, a court date had not yet been set in Layton's case.