Charges have not yet been upgraded in a case against a 25-year-old Conway man involved in a February crash that left one man dead.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Andrew Landon McKnight was driving a Chevrolet Silverado when he crossed over the center line on East German Lane and struck a Chevrolet Tracker driven by 81-year-old Louis Gray head on.

Paramedics took Gray to Conway Regional Medical Center immediately following the Feb. 13 crash, where he was later transferred to the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock. Gray Succumbed to injuries sustained in the crash following a spinal surgery on Feb. 28 and was pronounced dead March 9.

Twentieth Judicial District Luke Ferguson said prosecutors are still building their case against McKnight and expect to upgrade the charges against him by June.

McKnight is currently charged with second-degree battery, driving while intoxicated, leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage, reckless driving and criminal mischief. Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Taylor Martin said last month that he expects to upgrade McKnight's current battery charge to negligent homicide.

Once prosecutors decide whether the charges against McKnight will be upgraded, a bond hearing will be set to adjust the current bond — $7,000 — he's posted.

"We're still collecting evidence and reviewing the case file against McKnight to make the right decision," Ferguson said Thursday.

Upgraded charges were initially expected to be filed during a pretrial hearing held Thursday in Faulkner County Circuit Court. However, Ferguson said prosecutors need more time to review evidence at this time and set a new court date for June 7.


Conway police responded to the crash involving McKnight and two other victims. One of those victims, 81-year-old Gray, has since died from injuries sustained in the Feb. 13 crash.

Investigators on scene learned McKnight had taken two Hydrocodone pills two hours before the crash and was involved in a hit-and-run accident just a few minutes prior to crashing into Gray.

According to the victim of the hit-and-run incident, McKnight "made no attempts to stop" after side-swiping her vehicle.

"The other party involved in [the hit-and-run] accident reported that Mr. McKnight made no attempts to stop after the accident, and she followed him until she was stuck at a red light," on officer wrote in his report. "Another witness reported that, after the first accident, but prior to the second accident, he had seen Mr. McKnight swerving on the road so badly that his tires went into the ditch at one point."

McKnight is scheduled to appear next at 9 a.m. June 7 in Faulkner County Circuit Court for a pretrial hearing in the aforementioned case.