From Conway Police Department reports

Husband threatens to kill wife

Conway police responded to a residence along Prince Street on Wednesday after a man allegedly threatened to kill his wife.

According to an incident report, dispatchers "could hear a child and the female screaming" when the victim called authorities out to the scene around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.

When officers arrived to the Prince Street residence, the woman and her 12-year-old daughter were sitting outside.

"The child ... was crying and shaking," the incident report reads in part. "She was so upset that she was having a hard time breathing. [The girl's mother] explained that [the 12 year old] had anxiety problems due to her father's drinking problems and then his violent behavior towards her."

According to the woman's statement, the incident occurred after her husband returned home from a day of fishing and drinking with friends. She said she figured he would just go to sleep after getting home. However, "he got out of bed and was upset saying his kids hated him and it was all her fault."

The 38-year-old man allegedly threatened to kill the 32-year-old woman. The woman told authorities "she believed [the suspect] would have physically hurt her, if their three children would not have jumped in between the two of them and pushed [their father] onto the bed," according to the incident report.

During the struggle, the woman said she dialed 911 and immediately put her phone into her back pocket before locking herself and the youngest child in the bathroom. The woman said she and her daughter were able to walk out the back door when her husband went into the living room, where she was met by the responding officers.

Officers arrested the 38-year-old man and took him to the county jail on suspicion of domestic battery.

Woman reportedly leaves young children home alone

Authorities were notified Thursday morning of two children who were left home alone at the College View Apartments on Bruce Street.

According to an incident report, a maintenance worker "discovered two small children inside this residence alone" around 11:30 a.m. Thursday.

The maintenance worker showed the responding officer where a 1- and 5-year-old child were home alone in the apartment.

The responding officer immediately notified the Department of Human Services of the incident and began trying to reach the children's caretaker.

"[The caretaker] immediately disconnected the call after I introduced myself," the officer wrote in his report.

As the officer awaited DHS representatives, the children's mother arrived on scene, according to the incident report.

The woman told officers she left the two children at home while she went out to Walmart "to purchase toys for her youngest child," noting the two older children were asleep and that she did not want to wake them up.

Once a DHS representative arrived on scene and conducted a walk through of the apartment, authorities determined each of the children would be released to DHS custody.

The 33-year-old mother was ultimately arrested on suspicion of endangering the welfare of a minor and was taken to the county jail following the incident.

According to the incident report, the responding officer also contacted the Arkansas Child Abuse Hotline to file a child abuse case stemming from the incident.