From Conway Police Department reports

Small child found without guardian at Laurel Park

A child abuse case was launched Friday after police found a 3-year-old child playing in Laurel Park with no one around to watch him.

According to an incident report, authorities were called out to the park around 8:45 a.m. Friday regarding "a small child [that was] riding on a child's tricycle alone."

The boy did not know his address, but told officers he could show them how to get to his house. They 3-year-old boy led the officers to his home, which was located across the street.

According to the report, the boy's mother was unaware he left their home on Caldwell Street.

"I knocked on the front door several times and was able to get a female to come to the door," one of the responding officers wrote in his report, noting the front door was left open. "I asked if [the boy] was her child, and she informed me he was. I advised [the woman] her child was located alone at Laurel Park riding on his tricycle, and rode across Caldwell Street."

One of the officers went back to the woman's home on Sunday for a follow-up of Friday's incident. During the visit, the officer said he believed the 23-year-old woman had been smoking marijuana inside the house.

"I knocked on the door and [the boy's mom] opened the door," the incident report reads in part. "When the door was opened, I could smell a very strong odor of burn marijuana coming from the residence. [The woman's] eyes were glassy and blood shot. I informed her I was there because I needed some more information I did not collect on my first visit. [The woman] informed me she added a lock to the door out of the child's reach."

According to the incident report, Conway police contacted the Arkansas State Police Child Abuse Hotline regarding the incident.

Angry customer threatens EntertainMart staff

A disgruntled customer allegedly threatened employees at EntertainMart on Saturday.

According to an incident report, Conway police were called out to the store around shortly after 9 p.m. Saturday regarding "a white male [who] caused a disturbance but had left the store."

According to the store manager and employee involved in the incident, the man came into the store with a woman and became angered when looking at phone cases. The employee who went to speak with the couple said he attempted to explain to the man that the OtterBoxes he was looking at were the wrong size for his phone. After telling the customer the phone cases were the wrong size, the man announced he was leaving. On his way out, he allegedly threw a sign down "in the middle of the store."

The employee told the man at this point that "he didn't need to do that and the male turned around and walked aggressively toward" him.

As tensions continued to rise, the store manager stepped in to help calm the man down but then was allegedly threatened, according to the incident report.

"I'll shove those glasses down your throat," the angered customer said to the store manager after the store manager stepped between his employee and the man in question.

The manager and store employee both said the woman who was with the man was apologetic about the incident.

Police reviewed security footage of the incident that backed up statements by the store's staff.