From Conway Police Department reports

Couple reports break-in at Centennial Valley

Authorities were called out to Centennial Valley Apartments on June 30 regarding a residential burglary.

The victims told police that someone had broken into their apartment and stole $280 along with their PlayStation 4 sometime between 1-4:50 p.m., according to an incident report.

The 21-year-old woman who called police showed the responding officer where the suspects broke in through the front door, noting the door frame was busted.

"[The woman] stated the entire house had been ransacked and overturned, but she couldn't see anything missing besides the PlayStation and the money," according to the report. "The PlayStation belonged to [the other resident], who did not have the serial number."

The other victim further explained that along with his PlayStation, two controllers and two games — No Way Out and Proving Grounds — were also stolen.

The couple's neighbor said he saw a black man who was approximately 5-foot-and-9 inches tall standing outside the apartment in question around 2 p.m. When the neighbor asked the man what he was doing, the "stocky" man said he was "waiting for her," according to the incident report.

After the couple's neighbor said he offered the man a Pepsi, police checked the bottle for fingerprints and were able to pull a partial print from the bottle. The man also told police the suspect told him he was from West Helena.

The officer told the couple he believes the thief was someone they know because he arrived at their apartment about an hour after they left.

"I advised them to contact us if they thing of anyone or hear of any leads," the responding officer wrote in his report. "I also advised [the 30-year-old male victim] to watch Craigslist and online yard sales for his PlayStation 4. I told him that without the serial number it would be more difficult to find, but given the colors of his controllers [one black and one blue controller] and the specific games taken, action could potentially be taken if it was located."

Man charged with public intox after falling into ditch

A 59-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication last weekend after reportedly falling into a ditch while walking along Robins Street.

According to an incident report, Conway police received shortly after 4 p.m. Sunday a call regarding "a male had fallen in a ditch that lined Robins St."

When an officer arrived on scene to check on the man in question, he was met by an older man who reportedly smelled strongly of alcohol.

"When I arrived on scene, I was met by an older white male whose clothes had been soaked by the water that had collected in the ditch," the responding officer wrote in his report.

The man, identified as 59-year-old James Alex Kerek Jr., told the officer he was OK and did not need any help, noting he was "simply making his way back to his home."

"During my interview with the male, I could smell the odor of intoxicants coming from his person," the incident report reads in part. "It was also apparent that he was swaying to and fro during our conversation. When asked how much he had had to drink ... [Kerek] stated that he had a few shows of whiskey. When asked how long he had been drinking, he replied 'all day.'"

The responding officer ultimately charged Kerek with public intoxication and took him to the county jail because he believed the suspect to be a danger to himself and others, according the report.

Store reports three shoplifters

Three unknown suspects reportedly stole about $400 worth of clothing from Citi Trends last weekend.

Authorities were called out to the store shortly after 5 p.m. Sunday after an employee said two women and one man ran out of the store with several unpaid items.

As the employee who called police described the incident, she said the three suspects came into the store and were shopping when "the female with black hair suddenly left the store," according to an incident report.

After leaving the store, the woman drove up and parked a black Ford Explorer in front of the store.

"Suddenly, the other female and male that were still in the store attempted to exit the store with 'arms full of merchandise.' This set the sensors off and the two began sprinting out of the store and into the vehicle and it subsequently left," the responding officer wrote in her report after speaking with the Citi Trends employee.

The store employee said at the time she made the report she was unsure of an exact amount for the stolen items, but knew it was about $400 worth of merchandise.