From Conway Police Department reports

Wayland Apartments reportedly burglarized

Residents at Wayland Apartments reported on Friday that their residence was burglarized.

Two men who live in Building 7 told police Friday afternoon that the items stolen from their apartment collectively totaled $1,790.

According to an incident report, one of the tenants of this particular apartment left at 8:40 a.m. for work. The 20-year-old's roommate reportedly left for work around noon and forgot to lock the front door on his way out.

The 20-year-old who left at 8:40 a.m. returned shortly before 4 p.m. to find several of his belongings were missing. He then called his roommate, who soon learned several of his things had also been taken.

The tenants told police the apartment complex was going through a management switch, and a moving company had been hired to clean out several apartments.

"During this time the apartment complex [was] going through changes in management," the incident report reads in part. "The former management hired a moving company to enter vacant apartments and remove furniture from them. During that time, someone entered [the victims' apartment] and took [their] belongings."

Officer Ivan Cortes noted in his report that the moving process was disorganized, making it difficult to determine which apartments were emptied on the day in question.

"I talked to the manager whom informed me that they provided the moving company with a list of vacant apartments they were supposed to enter," the incident report states. "I then made contact with the manager of the moving company. He was identified as Roy Loren. Roy advised that his team was at Building 7, but not at the time of the incident. Due to the company's disorganization, the manager could not provide me with the people that were at Building 7 and the items were not recovered."

Sylist reports photo of grandchildren stolen

Angel's Hair Salon was reportedly burglarized last week.

Employees called police shortly after 9:30 a.m. Friday stating the salon had been ransacked, according to an incident report.

According to the employees' statements, they immediately noticed cigarette ashes by the front work station when they arrived at the salon Friday morning. One of the employees told the responding officer that it appeared as if the suspect(s) broke in via the back door.

Of the items taken — three curling irons, a hair dryer, two laptops, a set of drills and miscellaneous cups — one employee reported a much more personal item also being stolen. According to the incident report, one of the stylists reported a photo of her grandchildren was taken.

Man calls 911, threatens wife

A Garland Street resident was jailed Friday after reportedly calling 911 and threatening to kill his wife.

Dispatchers received a 911 call at 8:58 p.m. Friday from 56-year-old Kevin Dewayne Baker who called to say he didn't want his wife at his home and wanted authorities to make her leave, according to an incident report.

While speaking with Baker, dispatchers reportedly heard Baker threaten his wife.

"As I was pulling up to the address, dispatch then said the caller told them we (the police) might be leaving here with a dead body," officer Dan Worley wrote in his report.

The suspect was sitting on the front porch with a still-cold can of beer at his feet, according to the incident report.

"As I approached him, I asked him if he called and he stated it was an accident," Worley wrote in his report. "I immediately noticed the male had a quiet, but slurred voice. As I stepped closer to him, I could smell a very strong odor of intoxicants emitting from his person. On the porch in between his feet was a beer can that still had condensation on the outside of it."

Authorities told Baker that while he said the 911 call was a mistake, they needed to address him making death threats on a recorded line.

Baker insisted that the did not threaten his wife and refused to allow police inside his home when asked if they could ensure she was OK, according to the report.

After the 56-year-old was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication, police questioned his wife after verifying she was uninjured.

Baker's wife told police she was OK and that "he just gets angry and does things like this sometimes."