A Conway man faces a felony battery charge after reportedly beating a 5-year-old boy with an extension cord last week.

Johnquarius Vashun Robinson, 23, faces one count of first-degree domestic battery, a Class B felony, along with three misdemeanors -- second-degree endangering the welfare of a minor, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia -- following a Wednesday investigation.

Online records show authorities were called out to Ida Burns Elementary School around 10:45 a.m. Wednesday regarding a possible child abuse issue.

Responding officers immediately met with administrators who said the boy was with the school nurse when the extent of the 5-year-old's injuries was discovered.

Several officers noted after speaking with the boy and reviewing photos taken of the 5-year-old's injuries that the boy had bruises on his back, upper legs, upper arms, sides, buttocks and face.

"The marks seemed to be in different stages of healing," according to the probable cause affidavit filed against Robinson.

The young boy's teacher noted he was limping and crying in class.

As she spoke with authorities, the boy's teacher also said she noticed the 5-year-old scratching at his back and that other students said his back appeared to be bleeding. After calling the 5-year-old over to check on him, she soon noticed the bruises and marks upon the boy's back and immediately called the school nurse, according to the affidavit.

Conway officers, along with a Department of Human Services case worker and Arkansas State Police Crimes Against Children investigator, spoke with the boy at the school and learned he was "punished" by his mother's boyfriend.

The boy said Robinson questioned him about wetting the bed Wednesday morning and that he was scared so he lied and said he did not. The boy said that after Robinson learned he'd lied, the 23-year-old "grabbed a brown extension cord from the hallway and hit him with it."

"We asked [the boy] if John said anything to him after hew as punished and he said John called him 'Mr. Pee Pee Pants' ... [and] that hurt his feelings," one of the investigators wrote in her report.

Investigators noted finding "looped marks" all over the boy's body, according to the affidavit.

After the boy and his sister were released to DHS custody at the school, authorities went to the children's home to speak with their mother and Robinson.

When police arrived at the children's home on Watkins Street to question the boy's mother and her boyfriend about the extent of the boy's injuries, officers noted "an overwhelming odor of burnt marijuana."

Once Robinson answered the door, authorities helped the children's mother get her infant child ready to leave with a DHS worker and took the children's mother and Robinson to the police department for further questioning.

The woman said she knew Robinson "punished [her son] for peeing on himself" and that she "had never seen the injuries before."

According to the affidavit, Robinson admitting to using the extension cord when giving the 5-year-old "a whoopin" but maintains he did not believe he hit the boy hard enough to leave so many bruises.

Police also questioned the children's mother about the marijuana found in the home.

"I asked her who the marijuana belongs to, but she would only tell me it wasn't hers," one of the investigators wrote in her report. "I then asked her if she would pass a drug test, buts he told me she would not. She said she would fail it for marijuana. I then noticed several bruises and old burn marks on [the woman's] neck and arms. I asked her if John puts his hands on her. She paused and said, 'No ma'am.'"

Robinson was ultimately arrested and taken to the county jail following the incident. Online records show he has since been released on a $32,810 bond.

A plea and arraignment hearing had not yet been set by press time Monday in the aforementioned case against Robinson.