A local man who was staying with a Conway couple until they asked him to move out reportedly broke into the couple's home last week and stabbed one of the residents with a screwdriver.

Christopher Michael Dedrick, 24, was formally charged Monday with aggravated residential burglary, second-degree domestic battery and first-degree terroristic threatening following the Friday incident.

Online records show that Dedrick is accused of breaking into a Conway couple's home and demanding to know where his debit card was before he proceeded to stab one of the residents with a screwdriver. According to the woman he attacked, she and her husband had previously allowed the 24-year-old to stay with them at their Fleming Street residence for about six months because he "was without a place to stay" but was "evicted him from their house" several weeks ago.

The woman told police she was attacked sometime between 8:30-9 a.m. but did not go to the police department to report the incident until around 2:45 p.m. because "Dedrick told her that if she reported this to the police that he would come back with a gun and kill her," according to the felony probable cause affidavit filed against the 24-year-old Conway man.

According to officer Aaron Cullum's report, the woman was asleep on the couch in her living room when she woke up to see Dedrick standing over her.

Once she awoke, the suspect began asking the woman about his debit card, according to her statement.

"She told him that he could go check the room [he previously stayed in] for it, but he didn't," the affidavit reads in part. "Instead, Dedrick pushed her down onto the couch, pulled a screwdriver from his sleeve, and began stabbing her. She also stated that Dedrick at one point was choking her."

The woman said Dedrick stopped attacking her as she began pleading with him to stop.

After the 24-year-old reportedly threatened to kill her, she opted to attempt to mend her own wounds because she was scared to go to the hospital and scared to talk with police, according to the affidavit.

The couple told police they did not believe Dedrick forcefully broke into the home. The woman's husband said it was possible that he left the front door to the couple's residence unlocked but also that Dedrick had never been violent toward him or his wife in the past.

"[The couple] advised that before this incident Dedrick had not been aggressive toward them or threatening toward them," officer Cullum wrote in his report. "[The alleged victim] advised that she does not believe that he came to her house [Friday] for his debit card. She believes that his intention was to come to the house to harm her."

After learning the suspect worked at CiCi's Pizza, officer Hayden Schmitt reportedly went to the restaurant Friday and arrested the 24-year-old.

Dedrick is currently behind bars in the county jail pending a plea and arraignment hearing in Faulkner County Circuit Court. The 24-year-old suspect appeared via video conference before District Judge Susan K. Weaver on Monday for a first appearance hearing.

Weaver ultimately ordered that Dedrick be held in the county jail in lieu of a $75,000 bond. Should he post bond, he would also be subject to random drug screenings and was ordered not to have any contact with the alleged victim.

Dedrick is scheduled next to appear before Circuit Judge Charles "Ed" Clawson Jr. on Dec. 17 for a plea and arraignment hearing regarding the aforementioned charges.