From Conway Police Department reports


An unnamed suspect reportedly made off with an iPhone XS from a Conway AT&T store last week after replacing the device with his own phone.

According to an incident report, authorities were called to the AT&T store in the 2170 block of Harkrider Street on Friday regarding a theft that occurred May 7.

The store manager told officer Phillip A. Sweet that he believed a man replaced a display phone with a separate phone prior to leaving the business on the day in question.

In his statement, he described "a black male wearing a white shirt, blue pants and a black and white cap, [who] came into the store and walked around looking at phones."

The store manager recalled seeing the man looking at a display of a gray iPhone XS 64GB but did not realize until the $1,000 phone was missing until later on. After noticing the phone was gone, the store manager requested video footage from AT&T's corporate office on May 7.

Upon reviewing surveillance footage he received Friday, the store manager said he learned the suspect took the iPhone off the cable it was attached to and removed the security device that was on it before he proceeded to switch the $1,000 device with a phone he brought with him, according to the incident report.

Authorities informed the store manager to contact the police department immediately if he learned anything else was missing

Disgruntled temp threatens to shoot up Virco

A Virco employee reportedly threatened to kill his coworkers and other employees last week.

According to an incident report, a Virco human resources representative contacted police Friday afternoon after learning a temporary employee at the manufacturing plant had threatened to "shoot up the guardhouse and everyone at Virco" on Thursday.

Fellow employees on Friday reported to a supervisor that 34-year-old Johnny Ray Lewis Jr. made the threats to kill others Thursday, adding that they waited to report the incident out of "fear for their safety."

The 34-year-old Conway man allegedly said he would shoot the place up if he were to loose his job, according to the report. Other employees said they were concerned 'about Johnny's discontent with the Conway Police Department due to a traffic stop" and said he also made remarks that he "would shoot officers."

Authorities requested the human resources representative collect statements from employees at the plant.

Traffic stop leads to 1 man's arrest

A Conway man is facing a felony drug charge following a Friday traffic stop.

Officers were patrolling along Skyline Drive around 1:30 p.m. Friday when they noticed a purple 2007 Chevrolet Equinox "immediately began changing lanes" when the driver saw their police unit, according to an incident report.

After the driver merged onto the interstate, authorities said the man began "very closely" following another vehicle as he continued to switch lanes and drove over the center line several times, the report states. At this point, officer opted to pull over 41-year-old Timothy Allen Wright, who immediately told police he had an active warrant.

Officers Todd Wesbecher and Joseph P. Bolling soon learned Wright had three outstanding felony warrants against him and proceeded to ask the 41-year-old if he had anything illegal with him because the vehicle allegedly smelled of marijuana.

Wright admitted to having a pipe and a set of brass knuckles in his pocket. However, after searching his vehicle, officers also found "a wooden cylinder containing a metal smoking pipe and as mall amount of marijuana" as swell as loose marijuana in the floor and a plastic cup containing suspected methamphetamine residue, the report states.

The Conway man was arrested on scene regarding the outstanding warrants against him and also charged with one felony count of possession of drug paraphernalia as well as four misdemeanor charges — driving on a suspended license, criminal use of prohibited weapons, following too closely and improper lane change. The passenger was released from the scene, the report states.

Online records show the suspect is currently scheduled to appear May 28 in Faulkner County Circuit Court for a plea and arraignment hearing regarding the allegations against him.