The Faulkner County Election Commission will meet to certify the annual school election this week.
The meeting, which will begin at 10 a.m. Wednesday in Courtroom A of the Faulkner County Courthouse, is open to the public.
Paul Foster, Faulkner County Election Commission chair, called the meeting.
In addition to certifying the results of the school election, the commission will have a preliminary discussion of the 2021 redistricting, according to the agenda packet.
The final, unofficial results of the annual school election — which will become official results after the commission certifies the election Wednesday — were as follows:
• Sherie Cochran unseated Tonya Hammontree for the Position 1 seat on the Greenbrier Board of Education by a vote of 563 to 536.
• Ron Ussery defeated Tammy Sublett for the Zone 3 seat on the Mt. Vernon-Enola Board of Education by a vote of 148 to 48.
• Scott Champlin retained his Position 3 seat on the Conway Board of Education.
• Trip Leach was re-elected to his Position 6 seat on the Conway Board of Education.
• Tim Nolan, Ed Sellers and Gina L. McNew all retained their respective seats on the Vilonia Board of Education.
• Pat Raney was elected to the Position 1 seat on the Mayflower Board of Education.
• Ashley O. Ealy was elected to the Zone 1 seat on the Guy-Perkins Board of Education.
During the Arkansas General Assembly’s 2017 session, it passed a bill switching the date of the annual school election, which was previously conducted in September, to either May or November. School districts were given the choice. In Faulkner County, all six districts — Conway, Greenbrier, Guy-Perkins, Mt. Vernon-Enola, Mayflower and Vilonia — chose May. For more information about the election commission, visit http://www.faulknercounty.org/votefaulkner.com.