From Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office reports

Trespassing complaint leads to arrest

A Little Rock man was arrested earlier this month on suspicion of disorderly conduct shortly after authorities received complaints about him being on property he’d previously been banned from.

Sheriff’s deputies were first called around 4:45 p.m. June 7 to a residence on Lawrence Road, just outside of Greenbrier, after 49-year-old Michael Dewayne Malott allegedly walked up to a woman’s home and began yelling at the homeowner and throwing items in her yard, according to a report.

The report also states Malott was issued a criminal trespassing warning during an unrelated incident and was not supposed to be at the residence in question. A neighbor also complained that Malott was on his property on June 7.

Malott got a ride to a nearby gas station but was later back in the area by 6:30 p.m., the report states. At this point, the man told deputy Crystil Graham he was waiting for his sister to drive from Little Rock to pick him up.

To avoid having him wait in the area, a deputy opted take Malott to a nearby residence to collect his belongings and then to meet his sister at a Conway gas station.

The suspect’s sister was going to take Malott to Little Rock at his request. However, authorities became concerned when they saw her pull into the Walmart parking lot and opted to check on Malott and his sister.

The man’s sister said he became “extremely upset” and that she was scared of the way he was acting. The woman told authorities Malott changed his mind about where he wanted to be dropped off at and “began throwing a water bottle around and demanded she drive him to his brother’s residence.” At this point, she said she no longer wanted him in her vehicle, according to the report.

Deputies opted to arrest Malott on a disorder conduct charge “due to Mr. Malott’s behavior and [because they were] concerned for his safety and for others’ safety.”

According to the report, FCSO requested he be screened at Counseling Associates prior to his release from the county jail.

Vehicle stolen early in the morning

A Mount Vernon man called police June 7 after he woke up the day prior to find his vehicle was stolen in the night.

According to an incident report, the 36-year-old complainant allowed a 20-year-old Enola man to stay the night with him on June 6. The man said he had just purchased a black 1989 Toyota Celica and that the vehicle was still in his driveway at 12:30 a.m. June 6 when he went to bed.

Four hours later, he got up for work and realized both his vehicle and Braydon Daniel Kyle Whitney were gone.

According to his statement, the complainant allowed Whitney to stay at his home on the night in question because Whitney “had no place to go.” He also admitted to leaving his keys inside his vehicle on the night in question.

The complainant was unable to file a report immediately upon learning his vehicle was missing “because he had no phone or access to a phone” at the time, the report states. Once his roommate arrived home, he was able to call police, he said.

According to the report, the vehicle is valued at $3,500 and was reported as stolen within the Arkansas Crime Information Center.

FCSO responds to domestic incident

A Conway man was arrested earlier this month after reportedly pushing his wife into a wall as the two argued.

According to an incident report, the sheriff’s office was called out to a Jeff Davis Drive residence just before 9 a.m. June 9 after an argument between a couple at the home reportedly turned physical.

By the time deputy Robert Hensley arrived on scene, the alleged victim had left, the report states. While at the residence, Hensley spoke with 26-year-old Wesley Aaron Price to learn more about what happened. According to the report, Price admitted the two were arguing “and things got physical.”

Authorities asked the alleged victim to return to the scene. She told Hensley she had left the home “because she was scared to go to jail or get [Price] put in jail.”

The 24-year-old woman told police she recently had surgery and was hurting at the time “because when Mr. Price pushed her, she fell against the wall where her incision was,” the report reads in part.

First responders were also called to the scene at that point to ensure the alleged victim was OK.

Both individuals “denied” filling out a statement regarding the incident. However, Price was arrested on scene and charged with third-degree domestic battery. A no contact order was also issued in the matter, barring Price from communicating with the alleged victim following the incident, the report states.