From Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office reports

Boat stolen

A Vilonia man filed a theft report after he never received a boat he ordered in an online auction last month.

According to an incident report, the Vilonia man called the sheriff’s office around 10:30 a.m. July 25 after a man who was supposed to deliver the boat never showed up and stopped returning his calls.

The Vilonia man purchased the speed boat online from Co-part online auction and hired Good Hope Trucking to take the boat to Nashville, Tennessee. At some point, the Vilonia man lost contact with the Good Hope Trucking employee and he never got the boat, the report states.

At one point, the driver claimed the transport was delayed because he got a flat tire. However, “a short time later they called him back and advised that. They had another flat and that they were leaving the boat where it was and would not give their location to him,” the complainant said.

Deputy Charles Vaughan entered the boat as stolen in the Arkansas Crime Information Center after talking with the complainant, the report states.

Vandalism reported

An unknown suspect reportedly vandalized Shoot House USA by throwing a brick at the business and backing a vehicle into the side of the building.

According to an incident report, sheriff’s deputies were called to the business along Highway 64 East on July 26 after an employee learned someone tried to break the front window.

The complainant said he was left the business around 8 p.m. the night before and “the building was fine at that time.” However, when he arrived the next day, “he found the front glass had been hit with a brick.”

According to the report, the window was not damaged. The report also states “it appeared that [the suspect] then tried to back a vehicle into the side of the building.”

Resident faces animal cruelty charge

Three malnourished dogs were taken from a Guy residence and are now being cared for by Southernhearts Rescue.

Authorities were first called to check on a shepherd-mix dog that had a chain tied tightly around its neck and looked to be in “very poor” condition, according to an incident report.

Deputy Crystil Graham responded to the residence in question on Battles Loop and found the dog outside with a large metal chain around its neck, the report states.

“The chain was wrapped around the dog’s neck and locked with a padlock,” the report reads in part. “The chain was extremely tight around the dog’s neck and I was unable to place a finger between the chain and the [dog’s] neck.”

Graham also looked around to check if the dog had food and water but only found “an empty water bowl.”

A Sourthernhearts Rescue representative ultimately took the dog from the home upon FCSO’s request. Graham attempted to make contact with the dog’s owner but was unable to at the time. While walking around the residence in question, the two heard other dogs inside the home but could not tell what condition they were in.

After getting in touch with Michael Collet, deputy Graham went back to the residence to check on the dogs that were inside the home.

Collet told authorities he had rescued the dog that was already taken from the home, saying he found it “in the woods with the chain already around the dog’s neck and staked in the ground with a metal stake.”

According to the report, the other two dogs were also malnourished and appeared to suffer from infections. The Guy resident voluntarily let Southernhearts Rescue take the two inside dogs and was ultimately charged with animal cruelty following the incident, according to the report.