Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:

A man jumped from a moving vehicle after having an arguement with the driver, Conway police reported.

On Thursday morning, police responded to a man lying in the roadway at Harkrider Street. The driver of the vehicle said he jumped out after arguing with her, and he rolled and stopped on his stomach. She pulled over immediately and got a fellow driver to call police.

When police arrived, a woman was kneeling over him while the driver was a few feet away.

The driver told police that the man had been upset with his recent dealings with police over child support. He began arguing with the driver and said, "I’m gonna jump out of the car." The driver said he had threatened to do it in the past, but she slowed down the car to be safe. Once the car slowed to about 15-20 mph, he pushed the passenger door open and jump out. She said she watched him roll once or twice, and she immediately stopped the car.

The woman in the car behind them called 911. She began to check on him because she was a nurse. She stayed with him until MEMS arrived and transported him to Conway Regional Medical Center.

Conway police stopped a daylight theft by a repeat offender after an officer saw the man walking down the street with more items than earlier.

Police were patrolling Harkrider Street on Friday afternoon, April 20, when an officer spotted a man walking with a plastic grocery bag. The officer believed that he was leaving Price Cutter and heading to Oakwood Village mobile home park.

After driving through the park and turning back around, the officer noticed that the man still carried the grocery bag in one hand but now had a black and green tool belt, which was full of hand tools. The officer stated he had not seen the man carrying those just a few minutes before. The officer exited his car and approached the man, asking him where he got the tool belt. The man said they were laying behind a building. The officer asked the man to come to the vehicle while another officer made contact with the owner of the building.

While waiting for the other officer to arrive, another man approached saying he was the owner of the tools. He said he had been contacted by his secretary that a witness told her a man had taken them from the rear of one of the business’ trucks. The man said each tool had red tape on them. After checking the tools, the officer placed the thief into custody and transferred the tools back to the owner. The officer was unable to locate the witness.

The offender was found to have a valid warrant for failure to pay fines on an original charge of theft of property. He chose not to answer any questions.