Commissioner of State Lands Tommy Land announced that his office will auction tax-delinquent land in Faulkner County at 1 p.m. Aug. 10.
Multiple Faulkner County schools are planning orientation events in the coming weeks ahead of their respective first days of school, per district websites.
Faulkner County Quorum Court voted to fund the property for a county animal shelter at its regular meeting July 20. The vote permits the county to purchase four acres plus a building in Springhill which will be updated to become the county animal shelter.
Conway Public Schools (CPSD) released its updated COVID-19 protocols for the 2021-22 school year on Thursday, per an announcement uploaded to the district’s website.
When the dog days of summer deliver hot temperatures and high humidity, the American Red Cross of Missouri and Arkansas urges residents to take precautions against the heat.
With the 2021-22 school year fast approaching, Conway High School (CHS) students are preparing to head back to campus. In preparation for heading back to school, CHS released a list of important dates for students and their families to be mindful of in the weeks ahead on Thursday through the…
The Guy-Perkins School District Board of Education passed a resolution Tuesday night to pay all staff members who have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine by Sept. 1 $200, Superintendent Joe Fisher told the Log Cabin on Wednesday. The resolution also applies to staff members who already g…
Hendrix College has received a $500,000 grant award from the Kansas-based Sunderland Foundation to renovate two of its residence halls, per a news release issued to the Log Cabin Democrat by the college. The two halls to be renovated, Martin and Veasey Halls, are historic on the Hendrix camp…
Walmart is inviting customers to take control of their health at Walmart Wellness Day, a free event on Saturday, July 24, where they can get health screenings and wellness resources at pharmacies statewide, as well as immunizations in one easy location.
A statewide COVID-19 antibody study led by UAMS found that by the end of 2020, 7.4 percent of Arkansans had antibodies to the virus, but there were wide disparities among racial and ethnic groups. UAMS researchers released their findings this week to a public database, medRxiv (med archive).
Gov. Asa Hutchinson will continue his series of Community COVID Conversations next week, starting Monday, July 26, with a visit to Mountain Home.
A Colorado man accused of nearly driving head-on into a police cruiser and almost hitting several other vehicles after fleeing an officer into oncoming traffic last week is behind bars without bond in the county jail.
An Arlington, Texas, man says he is still trying to fathom the reality of winning $1 million on a free Arkansas Scholarship Lottery (ASL) scratch-off ticket that he received as a vaccine incentive. Gary Smith claimed his prize Monday at the ASL Claim Center in Little Rock.
Arkansas’s unemployment rate remained at 4.4 percent for the third straight month, according to data from the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, which the Arkansas Division of Workforce Services released.
Conway Public Schools (CPSD) Superintendent Jeff Collum released a video message to district families on Friday to mark one month until district campuses start the 2021-22 school year. Released to CPSD’s website and social media channels, Collum’s message struck a hopeful tone after a year-a…
Greenbrier School District Springhill Elementary Principal Ashley Hammett has been selected to receive the Arkansas Literary Association’s (ALA) 2021 Administrator in Reading Award, per an announcement issued to the Log Cabin Democrat by Springhill.
Lindsay Henderson, chief revenue officer at the Conway Area Chamber of Commerce, obtained her Certified Chamber Executive designation from the American Chamber of Commerce Executives.
The University of Central Arkansas (UCA) Board of Trustees and President Houston Davis will host a topping out ceremony for the Windgate Center for Fine and Performing Arts at noon July 29, the university announced in a news release issued to the Log Cabin Democrat on Friday.
Conway Public Schools (CPSD) Bob and Betty Courtway Middle School teacher Kaitlyn Ryals has been named one of 12 regional finalists for the Arkansas Department of Education’s (ADE) 2022 Arkansas Teacher of the Year, per a news release issued by ADE.
St. Joseph School’s After School Program, headed by Laura Hiegel-Williams, is sponsoring a summer camp for 5- to 12-year-old children which began earlier this summer and ends on Aug. 6. Up to 90 kids are involved each day.
A 46-year-old Conway man who admitted to charges that included false imprisonment last week in White County Circuit Court has been sentenced to 12 years in prison.
After more than a year of limited shows, socially distanced seating and emptier seats, Reynolds Performance Hall will return to full capacity live performances for its 2021-22 season, the University of Central Arkansas (UCA) announced in a news release provided to the Log Cabin Democrat on T…
A central Arkansas man is wanted on a charge of harassment after multiple women reported that he followed them and asked to touch their feet.
Faulkner County Quorum Court committees met Tuesday night in advance of the full court’s July 20 meeting. The proposed addition of a maternity leave policy to the county employee’s catastrophic leave policy generated the most conversation of the evening.
Conway Public Schools (CPSD) Superintendent Jeff Collum presented board members with his first report on Tuesday night at CPSD’s July Board of Education meeting. Collum, who updated board members on preparations ahead of the start of school in August, officially started the position on July 1.
The Conway City Council inched closer to the city having a community aquatics and recreation facility on Tuesday with a resolution approving Crafton Hull as the architectural team to plan and design the facility.
A virtual public hearing to obtain citizen comments on the draft 2022 Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Community Action Plan and budget will be at 2 p.m. July 22.
Faulkner County’s unemployment rate dropped to 3.7 percent in April, per statistics released by the Conway Area Chamber of Commerce on Monday. April’s rate is in significant contrast to April 2020, the chamber noted, the month in which the county’s unemployment rate reached a record high of …
Home BancShares, Inc., and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Centennial Bank, announced the appointment of Audra Foster as director of corporate social responsibility.
A tractor-trailer transporting 20,000 pounds of ramen noodles overturned and ended up partially submerged in Lake Conway on Tuesday afternoon.
The Conway Public Schools (CPSD) Board of Education will meet Tuesday night to consider resolutions to enter into contracts with two service providers at its July board meeting, per a meeting agenda provided to the Log Cabin Democrat.
- Arkansas records 990 new cases of COVID-19
- CPS purchases disinfectant foggers for all its schools
- EcoFest organizers giving students face masks, care packages
- Arkansas to fund Wi-Fi access points for students in the state
- Vilonia School District will require all students to wear face masks
- Arkansas records 990 new cases of COVID-19
- Arkansas records largest increase in community cases of coronavirus
- Senator tests positive for COVID-19
- State records 591 new cases, hospitalizations decrease from peak
- FCSO says it will assist businesses with mask complaints
- Confirmed coronavirus cases at FCDC
- Volunteers handing out free food for fourth consecutive week
- CHDC has 92 active COVID-19 cases
- Food assistance available on Tuesday
- Inmate populations at a 10-year low in Faulkner County
- Sunday parade celebrates WWII vet's 95th birthday
- Council approves establishing $200K credit line during pandemic
- Greenbrier park nearing completion
- Brothers hope residents 'don't lose heart'
- Conway teen missing out on senior activities remains focused on his future
- Univ. of Arkansas system head: Fulbright statue should stay
- CDC changes course on indoor masks in some parts of the US
- Senators, White House in crunch time on infrastructure deal
- In 1st visit to intel agency, Biden warns of cyber conflict
- Arkansas coronavirus hospitalizations reach 1,025
- UCA women's soccer hosts Paraguay U20 National Team
- UCA familiar with conference movement with move to ASUN
- Suire takes reins as Hendrix softball coach
- Man wanted by police found in attic
- Mayor: 'On our way' to having aquatic center
- District releases COVID-19 protocols for upcoming school year
- Quorum Court passes animal shelter building purchase
- Police beat 7/21/21
- Special prosecutor appointed in Fairfield Bay EMS investigation
- COSL announces Faulkner County tax auction
- Police beat 7/24/21
- Police beat 7/23/21
- How Conway inspired Arkansas' own Conway Twitty
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.