Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department and Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office:
1. Residential burglary at 10 block of Echo Mountain Drive (a few miles south of Holland). A man reported to FCSO that on Aug. 8 his residence was "ransacked" and burglarized after someone pried open the home’s back door. A TV with built-in DVD and VCR player, DVD player, TV converter box, Emerson stereo system with turntable, Crate six-channel mixing board, Crate floor speakers, DVD recorder, Realistic equalizer and a vacuum cleaner were stolen.
2. Theft of property at 10 block of Noble Drive (southwest of Greenbrier). A man reported that he was out of town, returning on Aug. 11 to find that a thief or thieves had stolen his patio set and grill. He told FCSO he had no idea who would have stolen these things, or why.
3. Breaking or entering at 300 block of Amity Road, Conway. A man parked his pickup truck at a corner parking lot with a sign advertising it for sale. Between 5 p.m. Saturday and about 8:30 p.m. Sunday, he told CPD, a thief or thieves jimmied open the rear sliding glass and stole a black nylon case containing 200 CDs, a pair of Kicker tweeters and an eight-inch drop trailer hitch.
4. Residential burglary at 10 block of Vilanco Lane (just northeast of Vilonia). A woman reported to FCSO that at some point on the morning of Aug. 3 someone had broken into her home through unknown means and stolen a Sony PlayStation 3 game console.
5. Breaking or entering at 1200 block of Choate Street, Conway. A woman told police that she was loading her car late Sunday night and had just walked to the door when she used her car’s remote locking system to lock the doors. When she returned to the car she found that a thief had stolen her purse from the vehicle. Police were told that a person described as a black male wearing blue jean shorts and a green shirt and green bandanna was seen running through the area down Jackson Street. Police searched for this suspect, but were able only to find a couple of pens that the victim said must have fallen from her purse as the thief ran away.
6. Residential burglary at 100 block of Schultz Road (just north of Vilonia). A man told FCSO that someone had stolen about $150 worth of tools from a residence he was about to move into. The burglar or burglars seem to have entered the home by breaking the locks on a window.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact the Conway Police Department at 450-6120 or the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office at 450-4914. Staff writer Joe Lamb can be reached at 505-1238.)