Among reports recently generated by the Conway Police Department:
1. Aggravated robbery at 1600 East Oak St. (Movie Gallery). Police responded Tuesday night to the video store and were told by an employee that a suspect described as a white male, possibly in his late 20s, wearing blue jeans and a white T-shirt and armed with a black handgun described only as "not a revolver" had stolen about $430 and ordered an employee to remain in a back office while he escaped in a white or light-colored passenger car. Police had responded to this location at about 2 p.m. Tuesday to take a report involving a "quick change" scam in which a suspect described as a black male bought a bag of popcorn while a white female, a suspected accomplice, created a distraction during which the male suspect stole $10. On Wednesday CPD responded to the Hogan Lane Movie Gallery to take a report of a near-identical incident involving a black male and white female, though this attempted "quick change" scam wasn’t successful.
2. Possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver at an undisclosed Greenbrier location. The Greenbrier Police Department requested CPD assistance with a narcotic arrest Sunday morning. According to a CPD incident report, Ronald Arthur McDonald, 34, of 143 Old Texas Road, Quitman, was stopped in Greenbrier for a suspected fictitious vehicle tag. Greenbrier police located a Lorcin .380 caliber pistol, about 15 grams of suspected methamphetamine and a glass smoking device. McDonald was arrested and taken by CPD to the Faulkner County Detention Center.
3. Possession of a firearm by certain persons at 2400 block of Sapphire Drive. An officer responding early Wednesday morning to reports of a disturbance at the High Point Apartments involving several persons, some reportedly armed with handguns, initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle occupied by 23-year-old Anthony Cortez Rowe of 2414 Izard St., Little Rock, and 21-year-old Joshua Jacob Jefferson of 12811 Arthur Lane, Little Rock. In the vehicle officers allegedly found a Taurus .38 special handgun and about .2 ounces of suspected marijuana. Jefferson was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance. Rowe was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
4. Possession of a controlled substance at Exchange Avenue. CPD assisted Arkansas State Police in a traffic stop during which 27-year-old Alicia Marie Nordengreen of 3 Moore Lane, Conway, was arrested after police located a syringe containing a suspected methamphetamine solution and other items associated with intravenous drug use.
5. Failure to register habitation as a sex offender at 1241 Jersey St. Police responded Tuesday afternoon to reports that Jason Darin Bond, 29, of 1241 Jersey St., Conway, was residing at the residence without having informed the proper authorities of his change of address and status as a sex offender.
6. Fraudulent use of a credit card. A Conway man reported on Saturday that in the process of attempting to buy Arkansas Razorbacks tickets he clicked a link on the University of Arkansas Web site directing him to www.findticketsfast.com. After getting an error message, he told police, he called what he thought was the phone number for www.findticketsfast.com and gave his credit card information to a person he said sounded like a young woman. He never got the tickets, he said, and his bank advised him that seven fraudulent transactions had occurred since Saturday.
7. Theft of property at several west Conway locations. A Conway EcoFest organizer reported that over the weekend someone had been stealing yard signs promoting the event.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact the Conway Police Department at 450-6120. Staff writer Joe Lamb can be reached at 505-1238.)