Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department and Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office:
1. Theft of property at 10 block of Crappie Lane (eastern shore of Lake Conway). A man reported on Oct. 22 that he had docked his boat at about 9 a.m. and found it to be missing when he returned at about 3 p.m. The boat is described in the report as a 14-foot All-Weld with a 25-horsepower Yamaha outboard motor.
2. Suspected fraud. A Conway resident called police on Monday to report that a man with what sounded to her like an Indian accent had called several times to say that the U.S. Government had selected her to receive a $5,000 grant and that she needed to give him her bank account and debit card information.
3. Residential burglary at 10 block of Quail Meadow Lane (just west of Mayflower). Victim reported arriving at the site of a home under construction on the morning of Oct. 20 and finding that items including three toolboxes, a Toro lawnmower, a Stihl string trimmer, a Stihl reciprocating saw and a Craftsman leafblower had been stolen.
4. Breaking or entering at 100 block of East Oak Street. Victim reported walking into a convenience store to pay for gasoline at about 5:20 a.m. Tuesday and returning to find that someone had entered her vehicle and taken her purse.
5. Shots fired at 100 block of Schultz Road (just north of Vilonia). A resident reported hearing what sounded like automatic gunfire coming from a wooded area behind her home on Sunday afternoon.