Among reports recently released by the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office:
1. Assault at 300 block of Sturgis Road (just southeast of Conway). Victim reported on Feb. 3 that at about 5:50 p.m. on that day someone in a passing gray, older model Chevrolet S-10 pickup fired a shot in her direction.
2. Burglary at 1 Grand Trunk Road (Saltillo Heights Baptist Church, just east of Lake Conway). A deputy responded on Jan. 28 after it was found that a thief or thieves had pried open a rear door and stolen a $400 projector, a Robi electric drill and miscellaneous tools in a toolbox. The thief or thieves apparently used a candle for light, as candle wax was found on the floors of several rooms.
3. Residential burglary at 100 block of Ridge Drive (a few miles southeast of Greenbrier). Victim reported on Jan. 1 that a thief or thieves had pried open the front door of a residence and had stolen a Ruger 10/22 rifle fitted with a Tasco 3x9 scope, a youth compound bow and a wedding ring set.
4. Located stolen vehicle. On Feb. 5 a man trying to get a title for a 2000 Ford pickup that he’d bought from someone named Jason found that the truck seemed to have been stolen from the Enders Road area.
5. Possible arson at 500 block of Lower Ridge Road (a few miles northeast of Conway). Deputies were alerted on the night of Feb. 7 to a burning pickup truck in a ditch. The license plate on the vehicle had been issued to a Hyundai coupé.
6. Residential burglary at 100 block of Garrison Road (several miles west of Greenbrier). Victim reported on Feb. 6 that at some point in the previous several days a thief or thieves had smashed a bedroom window and had stolen medication to treat heart, thyroid and acid reflux issues. The victim told deputies that she had no idea who would have done such a thing.
7. Possession of controlled substance at Otto and Crooked Creek roads (a few miles south of Highway 64 between Conway and Vilonia. On Jan. 27 deputies were notified that a pickup truck had lost control on a patch of ice and had rolled over in the ditch. A small quantity of suspected marijuana and a plastic bag containing eight tablets of suspected Xanax were found in the vehicle. The driver, 19-year-old Matthew Kyle Blocker of 43 Fiegel Loop, Conway, who wasn’t hurt, was arrested on suspicion of two counts possession of a controlled substance.
8. Private property accident at 10 block of Sinai Road. Upon arrival to the scene on Jan. 31 deputies were told by the at-fault driver that he had fallen asleep while waiting in his vehicle on the occupant of a trailer home to come outside. "The last thing he remembered was his truck shaking as it drove through the trailer house," the report states.
9. Public intoxication at a Faulkner County restaurant. Police were dispatched on Feb. 3 to reports of a fight in progress and were told by restaurant management that an employee had become irate after management accused him of stealing the "cooking vodka." The employee was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office at 450-4914. Staff writer Joe Lamb can be reached at 505-1238.)