Marvin Lessmann, chairman of the Faulkner County Republican Committee, and Sherry Parks, secretary of FCRC, announced that individuals seeking to be a Republican candidate for Faulkner County or Township offices must file the required documents at the office of the Faulkner County Clerk between noon Monday and noon on March 8. 

The Faulkner County Election Commission has announced that a drawing for ballot positions for the May 18 Preferential Primary and Non-Partisan Judicial Election will be held on March 11. 

Those individuals seeking to run as a Republican candidate must first contact the Chairman or Secretary of the FCRC, phone (501) 329-8403, or come by the FCRC office located at 2201 Washington Avenue, Conway to complete the required forms and pay the filing fee for the appropriate office listed below: 

• County Judge — $1,250

• County Sheriff — $1,250 

• County Clerk — $1,000 

• Circuit Clerk — $1,000 

• Treasurer — $1,000

• Tax Collector — $1,000 

• Tax Assessor — $1,000 

• Justice of the Peace — $200 

• Constable — $75 

• Mayor — $ 100

• Alderman — $30 

• Committee member/County Convention Delegate — $25. 

In order to assist Republican candidates, party staff will be available outside the Faulkner County Clerk’s office during the following dates and times: Monday from noon to 2 p.m.; Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; March 5 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; and March 8 from 9 a.m. to noon.  Candidates may also come by the FCRC office, located at 2201 Washington Ave. in Conway, to receive forms and assistance on March 2 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. or March 4 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.  Other times may be scheduled by contacting the FCRC.  Additional information may also be obtained at  

Candidates are required to furnish written evidence of a filing fee payment, file a party pledge and obtain a Republican Party Certificate for filing with the County Clerk before noon on March 8. 

Those Republican candidates for U.S. Congress, state or district offices must contact the Republican Party of Arkansas (501) 372-7301 and file the required forms with the Arkansas Secretary of State.