Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Commercial burglary at 830 North Creek Drive (Conway Interfaith Clinic). At some point between the night of March 10 and the morning of March 11, a thief or thieves smashed a window at the clinic with a brick and stole dental equipment and $100 cash.
2. Breaking or entering at 1200 Bob Courtway drive (Bob Courtway Middle School). At some point between 7:30 and 11 a.m. on Friday, a thief or thieves broke into an educator’s vehicle and stole about $70 cash. The thief or thieves also damaged the door, window, dashboard and console of the vehicle, causing about $1,500 in damage.
3. Breaking or entering at a Conway vehicle dealership. Victim reported that a Glock model 27 handgun had been left in a case under the seat of a vehicle left for service. When the victim picked up the vehicle, the case was gone.
4. Forgery. A Conway woman received notification that she had won $130,000, and that to collect it, she had only to deposit a check for $3,380 into her account and wire $2,987 to 649 North Log Angeles St., Los Angeles to pay for insurance for an employee of something to deliver her $130,000 check. The woman wasn’t taken in by the ruse and called police to report fraud.
5. Theft of property at 1600 block of Hardy Street. Victim reported on Monday morning that a thief or thieves had stolen her Conway Sanitation Dept. trash can, but not before dumping all the trash that was in it in her yard.
6. Unattended death at Sunset Drive. A woman in her mid-to-late 70s was found deceased in her home on Tuesday. Police found no reason to immediately suspect foul play.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact CPD’s tip line at 450-6135. Staff writer Joe Lamb can be reached at 505-1238.)