Among reports recently generated by the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office and the Conway Police Department:
1. Cruelty to animals/criminal mischief at 100 block of West Lewisburg Road (a few miles south of Vilonia). Victim reported on Tuesday that someone killed two dogs in a pen on her property. A pit bull was found dead with a gunshot wound to its chest, and a husky mix had been shot in the head.
2. Residential burglary at 400 block of Bristol Road (about a mile south of Mount Vernon). Victim reported on Tuesday that a thief or thieves had been taking items from his garage over the course of about three weeks. Among the items missing are two Savage rifles chambered in .270 Winchester and 7mm magnum, a Winchester 20 gauge pump-action shotgun, a Winchester 12-gauge autoloading shotgun, a Rossi rifle/shotgun combination weapon, a .50 caliber muzzleloader, a Steele chain saw and a set of King Cobra golf clubs.
3. Residential burglary at 200 block of Highway 365 South (just south of Conway). Victim reported on March 11 that a thief or thieves had stolen several items from his porch and from a parked pickup truck. Items stolen include a Yard Machine push mower, a string trimmer, a grinder, assorted tools, two electric drills and a hanging utility light. Some of the items were found by the victim at a Conway pawn shop, and the management of this shop were able to provide deputies with suspect information.
4. Residential burglary at 400 block of Scenic Hill road (about a mile south of Conway). Victim reported on Sunday that a thief or thieves had smashed a window of his residence and stole a Sony 28-inch flat screen TV, a Panasonic 28-inch TV/DVD player, 20 die-cast model cars, about 15 DVDs and a pair of welding clamps.
5. Theft of property at 10 block of Lester Road (a few miles north of Mount Vernon). Victim reported on Tuesday that a thief or thieves had stolen a bright yellowish-green go-cart powered by a 6hp engine with a pair of KC lights fitted to it.
6. Theft of property at 10 block of Blythe Road (several miles northeast of Greenbrier). Victim reported on March 13 that a thief or thieves cut the lock from a storage unit and stole items including a Toshiba Starlite laptop computer, a Center Point rifle scope with illumiated optics, a Skill Saw, a Chicago Pneumatic impact wrench, an electric drill, a Peavy amplifier, a CD player and three birthstone rings.
7. Breaking or entering at Art Pond and Sinai Road (just northeast of Lake Conway). Victim reported on March 12 that a thief or thieves had broken into a vehicle parked near the intersection and stolen a pair of binoculars, a gum bag, the antenna of the vehicle, a leather jacket and a KA-Bar hunting knife.
8. Residential burglary at 200 block of Easterwood Point Road (about a mile west of Mayflower). Victim reported on March 9 that a thief or thieves had stolen a Taurus PT24 handgun chambered in .45ACP with a nickel-plated slide from his home.
9. Residential burglary at 100 block of Highway 285 East (about a mile northeast of Greenbrier). Victim reported on Sunday that a thief or thieves had used his own ladder to climb onto a second-story balcony and kick open a door. Among the items stolen were Playstation III and Nintendo Wii game consoles, a TV and a 200-disk CD changer.
10. Criminal mischief/shots fired/felon in possession of a firearm at 10 block of Birchwood Drive (south Lake Conway area). Victim reported on March 11 that a neighbor had fired a pistol shot into her residence. Deputies traced the path of the bullet hole to a gouge mark in the dirt behind the home where the bullet had apparently ricocheted off the ground, and followed this to a home where the resident admitted to having done a little target practice earlier in the day at a tree. Behind the tree, according to the report, "the victim’s trailer was in clear, open view." This man, identified in the report as 49-year-old Gregory Dean Nichols, was found to have two felony convictions and was arrested on suspicion of felon in possession of a firearm.
11. Third-offense DWI at 1100 block of Davis Street (Conway). 25-year-old Fermin Beltran was arrested on suspicion of third-offense DWI, driving on a suspended/revoked license, fleeing the scene of an accident and refusal to submit to chemical test late Monday night after allegedly crashing into a vehicle and leaving the scene. A citizen who saw the accident was able to follow Beltran’s vehicle and notify police of its location and direction of travel.
12. Breaking or entering at 2300 block of Sanders Street (Conway). Victim reported on Tuesday that a thief or thieves had entered a vehicle through unknown means and stolen a purse.
13. Unattended death at 10 block of Nixon Drive (Greenbrier). A resident noticed that an unfamiliar vehicle was lodged atop a tree stump in a yard on March 3. Deputies arrived to find that the vehicle still running, and the body of a woman in her mid-40s was slumped over the wheel. The death seemed to have been of natural causes, according to Lt. Matt Rice of FCSO.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact FCSO’s major crime unit at 450-4914 or CPD’s tip line at 450-6135. Staff writer Joe Lamb can be reached at 505-1238.)