Among the reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Identity theft. Victim reported she received a bill in the mail from XCEL Energy stating she owed $142.50 for a gas bill in Denver, Col. When the victim made contact with the gas company, her information, including her name, social security number, home address and telephone number were reported back to her because they were used to open an account with the company.
2. Unauthorized use of a credit card. Victim reported that a $95 charge had been made posted to her account.
3. Theft of gasoline and a hit and run of a store manager. The manager of Murphy’s USA observed a suspicious person filling up their car with gas. When the vehicle attempted to drive away, the manager held on to the side of the car. The car sped up and she was dragged through the parking lot for an unknown distance. She went to Conway Regional Medical Center for injuries. The vehicle is believed to be a Dodge Stratus or a Plymouth Breeze, maroon in color.
4. Panhandling at the intersection of Highway 64 and Highway 65. Parties were holding signs asking for help with their rent. A man and woman were holding the signs. An officer attempted to communicate with the male, who told him that other officers had allowed the activity. The officer was told by another that the two had been warned before, so the officer placed both of them under arrest for loitering.
5. Attempted burglary at 1200 block of Champions Drive. Victim reported a burglary in progress. When officers arrived, the residence was clear, but the victim advised that seven Hispanic males entered his residence. One came from a window in the back, the victim stated. The victim said he was in his bedroom when he heard a noise. When he investigated, he saw the males and began hitting them. He said he went into the kitchen and got a knife and bat and the males left through the garage.
6. Theft of property at 3800 College Ave., McGee Center. Victim reported someone broke into his truck. Both interior door locks were loose and the vehicle had been taken apart at the door panels. The radio was taken, and damage was done to the starter.
7. Theft of property at 1300 block of Collier Drive. Victim reported his truck was broken into and his subwoofer and CD player was stolen.
8. Firearm found. A man reported that a Remington Model 597 22 rifle was found in his storage shed wrapped in a white bed sheet. The man reported that he found it lying on a chair in the shed.
9. Breaking or entering at 3000 block of Baxter Drive. Victim reported her vehicle was broken into. The driver’s side glass was removed by a tool, which left marks on the window frame. The full window was lying on the ground. A GPS, radar detector and $20 were reported missing.
10. Criminal mischief at 150 Hwy 65 North at Quality Inn. A Quality Inn employee said a room had been rented to a Little Rock man. The employee said he and an unknown female occupied the room for almost two weeks. Hotel staff found the room with trash on the floor and damage to clothing and suitcase racks. The racks were pulled away from the wall where they had been secured. The clothes rack had been sprayed with pink paint. Used hypodermic needles were left about the room. Seven empty boxes of Pseudoephedrine were inside the trash. A 9mm bullet was found on the floor, along with remnants of suspected marijuana.
11. Careless and prohibited driving at 2200 Bruce St., Bear’s Den Pizza. An officer reported he noticed a silver truck making uncontrolled and jerky movements. The officer said the vehicle failed to stop when he used his lights and siren. The officer followed the vehicle through UCA campus with lights and siren on, at a normal rate of speed. The vehicle pulled onto a sidewalk and eventually came to a stop. The driver then begged to be let go, offering two officers $200 each to let him go.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact FCSO’s major crime unit at 450-4914 or CPD’s tip line at 450-6135. Staff writer Joe Lamb can be reached at 505-1238.)