Among reports recently released by the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office:
1. Dog biting at 20 block of Bright Road, Conway. Victim reported July 27 that his dog bit him. The victim stated that the dog had gotten his foot caught in the recliner, and when the victim tried to help, the dog turned and bit him. The victim said that the tip of his ring finger on his right hand was bitten off and there were bites on two other fingers. The victim stated that the dog has never been aggressive in the past.
2. Theft from a motor vehicle at 10 block of Jewell Lane, Greenbrier. Victim reported July 27 that an unknown person entered her unlocked vehicle and took $10. The victim notified officers later that a Kel-Tec semi-automatic pistol and holster, as well as a Maglite flashlight and a dome tent were missing from the property.
3. Burglary/breaking and entering at 1 block of Brannon Road, Greenbrier. Victim reported July 27 that someone entered the residence he is moving out of and removed several items. Stolen from the residence were a Sea King outboard motor and gas can, a Minnkota trolling motor, marine batteries, an antique dresser and a fire extinguisher.
4. Animal neglect at 70 block of Shawnee Drive, Conway. Officers responded to an animal neglect call in reference to several dogs in poor health. Officers found four dogs in the front yard of the residence. The two smaller dogs were missing most of their fur and the exposed skin was covered in scabs. The two larger dogs seemed to be underweight and were beginning to lose their fur. The larger dogs’ eyes were partially shut due to scabs forming around the eyes. The resident said he began feeding the dogs after they showed up on his property several months ago. The man said he “can barely afford to feed himself, no less the dogs.” The resident was cited for animal cruelty. The dogs were transported to a local shelter.
5. Breaking and entering at 10 block of Silver Springs, Greenbrier. Victim reported that sometime between July 25-28 an unknown person entered his shop and took several items. The victim stated that there was no noticeable damage to the building, and he believed the door was left unlocked. Taken from the property were a router saw table top, a miter saw and table, an arc welder, a Planer benchtop, a belt and disk sander, a generator, a pressure washer and a nail gun.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact FCSO at 450-4914. Staff writer Stephanie Fischer can be reached at 505-1238.)