Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Breaking or entering at 1100 block of College Avenue. Victim reported Saturday that someone broke into her vehicle and stole her purse.
2. Breaking or entering at 1 block of Susan Lane. Victim reported that sometime between 9:30 p.m. Saturday and noon Sunday someone entered her vehicle and took several items. Stolen from the vehicle were three packs of Kool cigarettes, $17 cash and a prescription note. The victim stated that her vehicle may have been unlocked.
3. Shoplifting at 640 Elsinger Blvd. (Staples). The store manager reported Thursday that a white male had entered the store and taken a computer and printer worth $729.96. The manager stated that the suspect was speaking to another store employee with the desktop computer and printer in a shopping cart. The manager said the suspect then went toward the back of the store. A few minutes later, the manager stated that an emergency exit alarm went off. By the time she got to the door, the manager said the suspect had left. The manager discovered an empty shopping cart just outside the emergency exit. The manager checked with cashiers and none of them had sold a computer or printer during that time period. After checking stock in the store, the manager noticed that a Hewlett-Packard desktop computer and a Canon printer were missing. The suspect is described as a tall white male with a shaved head and tattoos all over one of his arms.
4. Commercial burglary at 2225 Prince St. (Jazzercise). An employee of the business reported Saturday someone had entered the building and taken a set of speakers and $15 cash. The employee stated that she noticed the back door was cracked open. The employee said that the back door lock is broken, and no signs of forced entry were found.
5. Theft of property at 3100 block of Windsong lane. Victim reported Saturday that someone had stolen two rocking chairs from his front porch.
6. Residential burglary at 1600 block of Middle Road. Officers responded to a call of a suspicious person carrying a plasma television. Officers discovered the rear window of the residence had been broken out, and the door was unlocked. Officers found broken glass from a window in the bedroom and a brick lying on the bed. Officers attempted to contact the residents but were unsuccessful.
7. Theft of property at 2800 block of Prince Street. A woman reported Sunday that her grandson’s bicycle was stolen. The victim stated that the bicycle was chained to an iron fence at his residence. The victim said that he went to retrieve the bicycle and ride to his grandmother’s house when he realized it was missing. The victim stated that the suspect must have cut the chain that locked the bicycle.
8. Shoplifting at 350 Skyline Drive. (Conoco). A clerk at the store reported Saturday that a white female wearing a bathing suit entered the business and paid for her gasoline, then re-entered the store after fueling. The clerk stated that another customer told him that the suspect had exited the store with two Hostess Honey Buns. The clerk said he attempted to stop the suspect but was unsuccessful.
9. Theft of property at 1200 block of Woodside Drive. Victim reported Saturday that several prescription medications were stolen from his residence. The victim stated that he and his wife, along with their neighbors and a friend, were sitting in front of their residence Friday morning. The victim’s friend, who he believes is the suspect, asked to go into their house to use the bathroom and was gone for several minutes. The victim said that Saturday he could not find any of his medication. After searching, the victim stated that he found the empty prescription bottles in the trash can. The victim said that the prescriptions had just been filled on Friday. The victim stated that the suspect was the only other person inside the residence.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact CPD’s tip line at 450-6135. Staff writer Stephanie Fischer can be reached at 505-1238.)