Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Breaking or entering at 705 Amity Road (County Inn and Suites). Victim reported Saturday that someone had broken into his vehicle through the driver’s side window. The victim said nothing was taken from the vehicle. A small piece of what appeared to be a spark plug was found next to the vehicle.
2. Residential burglary at 2900 block of Old Morrilton Highway. Victim reported that sometime between 1 and 3 p.m. Saturday someone entered his home and stole several items. The victim said the front door is always left unlocked. Missing from the residence were a 42-inch Vizio flat screen television, a Phillips surround sound system with DVD player, a Phillips DVD player, a Sony PlayStation 3, an eMachines computer and a 21-inch LCD computer monitor. The victim stated that he may know the suspect.
3. Commercial burglary at 1156 Front St. (Something’s Brewing). An employee of the business reported Saturday that he arrived at work early and interrupted a burglary in progress. Officers found the suspect hiding under a table in the employee breakroom. The suspect gained entry to the business by breaking a window in the building. The employee said nothing was missing. The suspect was transported to the Faulkner County Detention Center.
4. Theft of property at 3600 block of Nutters Chapel Road. Victim reported Sunday that someone knocked over three deer statues and stole another at his residence.
5. Breaking or entering at 1000 block of Harkrider Street. Victim reported Sunday that his vehicle had been broken into. The victim said the passenger side window of the vehicle had been broken out, and his wallet had been stolen.
6. Breaking or entering at 3100 block of Virginia Street. Victim reported Thursday that someone had entered his vehicle and stolen several tools. The victim said the vehicle’s doors were unlocked.
7. Theft of property at 1400 block of Appalachian Drive. Victim reported Friday that his 16-foot landscape trailer and its contents had been stolen. The trailer had been hitched to a pickup truck in front of the residence. The trailer was loaded with two commercial-grade Kabota mowers, as well as four Stihl commercial weed trimmers, a Stihl handheld blower, a commercial-grade backpack blower, an Echo edger and five gas cans with 10 gallons of gas.
8. Breaking or entering at 3400 block of Irby Drive. Victim reported Friday that her Garmin GPS had been stolen from her vehicle. The victim said she had not driven the truck in three or four weeks. When she checked the vehicle, she realized the doors were not locked and the GPS was missing.
9. Residential burglary at 2300 block of Dave Ward Drive. Victim reported Friday that she returned home and found that several rooms had been gone through. Missing from the residence were $300 cash, a gold diamond necklace, a men’s gold wedding band, $10 in John F. Kennedy half dollars, $10 in Walking Liberty dollar coins, a Springfield 12-gauge shotgun, a 16-gauge double barrel shotgun, a Remington bolt action 22 rifle and a 12-gauge single shot shotgun. The victim was unsure if the doors of the residence were left unlocked.
10. Motor vehicle accident at Donaghey Avenue and Meadowlake Road. A Conway Public Schools bus was involved in a two-vehicle accident Friday. The operator of the car was on the eastbound side of Meadowlake Drive in the turn lane when the school bus turned left from Donaghey onto Meadowlake. The operator of the car said the bus hit the front driver’s side corner of his vehicle. The bus driver said he turned too sharply and hit the car. There were 26 students on board the school bus. No injuries were reported.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact CPD’s tip line at 450-6135. Staff writer Stephanie Fischer can be reached at 505-1238.)