Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Computer fraud. The victim stated that he spent time on the phone with someone identifying themselves as Microsoft Micro Support while attempting to fix his computer. The suspect accessed the victim’s computer from another location and when the victim attempted to make contact with the company again, he found that the number had been disconnected. Microsoft advised him that he was probably a victim of identity theft.
2. Theft of property at 2400 block of Krystal Kreek Drive. The victim stated that he was talking with a potential buyer of his vehicle at his residence and when he went inside to get something, the suspect stole an amp out of his garage and left the area.
3. Theft of property at 1900 block of Tyler Street. The victim stated that he noticed that his mailbox was full outside of his residence but when he went back to check it, its contents were gone. The victim stated that two of his prescriptions had arrived in the mail that day.
4. Forgery at 1444 Dave Ward Drive, McDonald’s. An employee notified police when a customer attempted to pay for items with a counterfeit $100 bill. The suspect was notified of the counterfeit bill and advised to report to the police department by 10 a.m. the next day or a warrant would be issued for his arrest.
5. Possession of controlled substance on Highway 64 East. Officers conducted a traffic stop and employed K9 "Chaman" to sniff for illegal substances. Chaman’s behavior indicated that there was an illegal substance in the vehicle, and marijuana, digital scales and baggies were recovered. The driver was taken into custody.
6. Aggravated robbery at Salem Park Apartments. The victim, an employee of Domino’s Pizza, stated that someone in a silver Honda CRV demanded money and behaved as if he was concealing a gun in his pocket. The employee gave the suspect $20 and the suspect left the area.
(Staff writer Courtney Spradlin can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 505-1236. To comment on this and other stories in the Log Cabin, log on to www.thecabin.net. Send us your news at www.thecabin.net/submit)