Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Shoplifting at 1120 East German Lane (Harps). Officers detained a man Wednesday after he was seen "huffing multiple cans of pressurized whipped cream" while walking through the store. The suspect used eight cans of whipped cream and hid the empty containers on shelves.
2. Theft of property at 908 E. Oak St. (Smith Ford). A dealership employee reported Friday that a green 2004 Ford F350 was stolen from the store’s lot. The employee said that a possible suspect drove the truck for about 30 minutes Tuesday afternoon. No one else looked at the truck before it was stolen. There was no broken glass or sign of forced entry to the truck. The employee believes the suspect may have had a spare key made for the vehicle during the test drive.
3. Theft of property at 2400 block of Market Plaza Drive. Victim reported Friday that his 2007 blue Chevrolet Silverado had been stolen. The victim said the vehicle was locked and had not been towed.
4. Theft of property at 2302 College Ave. (Conway Regional Medical Center). Victim reported that sometime between 12:30 and 6:30 a.m. Saturday someone stole her bag from the CCU waiting room. The bag is described as black canvas with "Nanny" embroidered on it in zebra stripe letters. The bag also had the names of her six grandchildren embroidered in red.
5. Theft of property at 900 block of South German Lane. Victim reported Saturday that a .22 caliber revolver was taken from her bedroom closet while she was out of town. The victim said a few pieces of mail were missing from the bedroom, as well. The victim said all of the doors and windows were locked when she returned to the residence.
6. Shoplifting at 850 Oak St. (Walgreen’s). The manager of the store reported Saturday that two male juveniles were caught attempting to shoplift condoms.
7. Residential burglary at 300 block of South Davis Street. Victim reported that sometime between 6:15 and 8 p.m. Saturday someone attempted to force entry to the rear door of her residence. The suspects were unable to gain entry.
8. Possession of a controlled substance at 1300 block of Elm Street. Officers initiated a traffic stop Sunday after a truck ran a red light at Locust Street and College Avenue. Officers noted that "a strong odor of an intoxicating beverage" was noticeable when speaking with the driver. During a search, officers found the suspect to be in possession of three small baggies of marijuana and nearly $3,000 in cash. The suspect was transported to the Conway Police Department for possession of a controlled substance, DWI 3rd offense, refusal to submit to a chemical test, driving on a suspended license for DWI and running a red light.
9. Theft of property at 400 block of Angus Street. Victim reported Sunday that the face plate for her Clarion CD player in her vehicle was stolen. The victim said she allowed to acquaintances to drive her vehicle from Little Rock to Conway. When she returned to pick up the vehicle, she noticed the face plate was missing.
10. Possession of a controlled substance at 300 block of Country Club Road. Officers initiated a traffic stop Sunday on a vehicle, because the license plate tabs were improperly displayed. The officer approached the vehicle and "could immediately smell and strong odor of marijuana." During a search of the vehicle, officers found two baggies of a green vegetable substance believed to be marijuana inside a pink and purple purse. Officers also found a white pill bottle not prescribed to the driver containing six blue/orange pills, three white pills and one blue pill. A wooden box with a cigarette pipe, a wooden pipe and a purple plastic grinder were also found in the vehicle. The juvenile suspect was transported to the Conway Police Department.
(Those with information pertaining to these reports or any unsolved crime are urged to contact CPD’s tip line at 450-6135. Staff writer Stephanie Fischer can be reached at 505-1238.)