Among reports recently released by the Conway Police Department:
1. Shoplifting at 1155 Skyline Drive, Walmart. Loss prevention employees detained a juvenile subject who attempted to walk out of the store with a DVD he did not pay for. The report stated the subject advised that he had recently begun taking medication that makes him "act in a way that he knows he should not."
2. Shoplifting at 1155 Skyline Drive, Walmart. Two alleged shoplifters were detained when they attempted to leave the store without paying for $69 in merchandise. The report stated that one subject was cited with obstructing governmental operations for giving police a fake name.
3. Shoplifting at 755 Elsinger Blvd., Shoe Carnival. Three subjects described as two white males and one white female, early 20s in age, allegedly stole shoes from the business. The report stated that associates alerted the manager, but he was in the back of the store. The manager advised that employees are not allowed to stop shoplifters. The report stated the manager yelled at the three subjects, but was unable to stop them. The female subject was described as wearing a Vilonia school sweatshirt.
4. Shoplifting at 501 Elsinger Blvd., Target. Loss prevention employees detained a subject who was seen putting merchandise inside her purse. The report stated that the subject attempted to leave the store with $24 in unpaid merchandise.
5. Residential burglary at 2400 block of Donaghey Avenue. The victim stated that while she was out of town, she was told by a friend that the door of her apartment had been kicked in. When the victim returned, she discovered that her flat screen TV, Xbox 360 and purse were stolen.
6. Shoplifting at 1155 Skyline Drive, Walmart. The CPD report stated that loss prevention employees detained a juvenile subject who attempted to conceal Coricidin cold pills.
(Staff writer Courtney Spradlin can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 505-1236. To comment on this and other stories in the Log Cabin, log on to www.thecabin.net. Send us your news at www.thecabin.net/submit)