The Conway City Council will again discuss the possibility of an election to rededicate an existing sales tax at its 5:30 p.m. committee meeting Tuesday in the District Court on Parkway.
The finance and audit committee and an ad hoc committee to consider pay scales and pensions for city employees have been meeting regularly in anticipation of further discussions about the tax rededication.
In its regular meeting at 6:30 p.m., the council will consider
• Closing easements in Hendrix Village and Harps on German Lane.
• A request for a conditional use permit for construction of an automobile dealership at 1300 Exchange Ave.
• The condemnation and clean-up of unsightly and unsafe property at 2290 Hairston.
• Accepting funds and donated items for the Animal Shelter and the Police Department.
• The adoption of accounting policies for asset management.
• Approving a Legislative audit.
The Council will also consider annual resolutions for the Quorum Court that include levies on the valuation of all real estate and personal property tax for
• Animal Shelter, two-tenths on the dollar, (voluntary).
• Policeman’s Pension and Relief Fund, four-tenths;
• Fireman’s Pension and Relief Fund, four-tenths;
• Non-uniformed Pension and Relief Fund, four-tenths.
• Public recreation and playgrounds, four-tenths.
• General Fund Revenues, 1.9 mill.
(Staff writer Becky Harris can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and 505-1234.)