The list of street repairs to be presented to the Conway City Council tonight at 5:30 is almost as long as an 8-year-old’s Letter to Santa.
City Engineer Ronnie Hall has made his list for 2013, and the council will check it twice, figuring how to do the work required within the limited budget.
That budget is $1.27 million and the wish list is for many millions more than that.
At an earlier meeting, the Council approved 2013 funding for the entrance road to the new airport; the west side of Main and Front for rehabilitation and a streetscape; and Middle Road from Amity to Southland.
Three 2012 projects were funded but have not been completed. They are the realignment and creation of a level approach from Towne Centre at Lower Ridge Road to U.S. 65; Mill Pond, south of Collins Drive; and ditch improvement and drainage in Richland Hills.
Work will continue on the Prince Street widening to four lanes with a median and roundabouts.
The new list for the Council’s consideration has 25 projects for reconstruction; 15 asphalt overlays and repairs on Hogan Lane, Tyler, Sherman Oaks, Royal Oaks, Krooked Kreek and Quail Creek; and five sidewalk projects.
Looking ahead, work in 2013 will include design engineering on the Elsinger I-40 overpass; and in 2014, design of the Mid Town Expressway and the first stage of construction on the Western Loop.
In its regular meeting beginning at 6:30 p.m., the Council will consider
• Approving the 2013 street projects.
• Nominations for the Planning Commission, the Board of Appeals and the Oak Grove Cemetery Board.
• An agreement with the Cooperative Extension office for horticulture services at $25,000.
• Prince Street right-of-way acquisitions from Western Avenue to Shady Lane.
• Bids on a track-mounted hydraulic excavator and equipment trailer for the Street Department.
• Bids on traffic signal modifications for Oak Street at Museum Road, Harkrider Street and Elsinger Blvd.
• An ordinance to rezone from O-2 to PUD property at the southeast corner of College Avenue and Prince Street.
• An ordinance to rezone from R-1 to C-2 the southeast corner of Meadowlake Road at Donaghey Avenue.
• A request for a conditional use permit to allow gas pumps in a C-2 zone at the above property.
• Bids for two Honda motorcycles for the Police Department.
• Appropriating funds for purchase of a bucket truck and a server system upgrade for the Information and Technology Department.
(Staff writer Becky Harris can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and 505-1234.)