• Live at the Met, "Donizetti’s Maria Stuarda," UCA Reynolds Performance Hall, tickets, 450-3265.
• Martin Luther King Day.
• Commemoration of the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., will begin at 9 a.m. at the Faulkner County Library with transportation to Simon Park for the march back to the library at 10 a.m. Ceremonies will start at the Library at 11 a.m. More information, 327-7482.
• Faulkner County Library closed after MLK observance. Open regular hours on Tuesday.
• The Conway AARP Chapter 796 will not meet as the Senior Center will be closed for the MLK holiday. Ron Ross, president, 327-6803.
• Vilonia Baptist Fellowship Clothes Closet, 6-8 p.m., accepts and gives away clothing.
• Life after Prison Ministries, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Fellowship Bible Church, 1051 Hogan Lane: Christian applications to life skills.
• United Commercial Travelers, 6 p.m., Chinatown Restaurant.
• Conway Running Club, 7-8 p.m., Conway Regional Health and Fitness Center.
• Close-Knit Faith Community, 9:30 a.m., knitting for charity, St. Joseph Parish Administration Office. 502 Front St.
• Computer classes at Conway Adult Education, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 125 Center St. 450-4810.
• 4th Annual Mid-South Commercial Horticulture-Fruit Producers Meeting, hosted by Faulkner and White Counties Cooperative Extension Service, Faulkner County Extension Office, Natural Resource Building, Tommy Lewis Conference Center, 110 S. Amity Road. Kami Marsch, 329-8344.
• FRESH Foods: a discussion: Farmers and Restaurants: Eating Sustainable Healthy Foods, 1 p.m., Faulkner County Cooperative Extension office, Natural Resource Building, 110 S. Amity Road. Kami Marsch, 329-8344.
• Conway Morning Optimist Club, 6 a.m., Something Brewing, 1156 Front St., Jim Baker, 730-3519.
• TOPS 0541, 10 a.m., McGee Center, 3800 College Ave. Steve, 339-1175.
• Free art class, 8:30 a.m., Faulkner County Senior Citizens Activity Center, 1620 Donaghey Ave.
• Conway Optimist Club, Los 3 Potrillos at Howard Johnson’s on Skyline Drive, 11:30 a.m. Speaker: Angela Hill, Faulkner County Tax Assessor.
• Free line-dancing class, noon, Faulkner County Senior Citizens Activity Center, 1620 Donaghey Ave.
• Community Meditation, 12:30 to 1 p.m., Faulkner County Library.
• Watercolor classes by Sheila Parsons, 1-4 p.m. or 6-9 p.m., Faulkner County Library, Jan. 22, 24, 29 and 31. Call 327-1750. $80 for 12 hours of instruction.
• Conway Business and Professional Women, 6 p.m., Bob’s Grill, Downtown.
• Conway City Council, 6:30 p.m., District Court, 810 Parkway.
• Local author and Hendrix professor Tyrone Jaeger will read from his latest work, "The Runaway Note," 7 p.m., Faulkner Co. Library. 327-7482.
• Saltillo Fire Dept. board, 7 p.m. at station, 1 Rolling Manor Dr.
• Mayflower City Council, 7 p.m., 2 Ashmore St.
Please send items for Roundabout to Becky Harris at www.thecabin.net/events and click "Create Event."