• National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees, 11 a.m., Hole in the Wall Cafe. Speaker: Don Branco of Thompson and Associates, CPA, to discuss the 2012 tax laws and possible changes for the tax year 2013.
• Conway Creative Writers, 2 p.m., Faulkner County Library.
• Jim Thorpe video retrospective by Dr. Bob Reising, 7 p.m., Faulkner County Library.
• Valentine Gala to benefit Bethlehem House, Conway’s only homeless shelter, 6 p.m., OneChurch, 1073 Front St. $25 each. Tickets available at 930 Faulkner St.
• Rockefeller String Quartet of the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra, 7:30 p.m., Reves Recital Hall, Hendrix College.
• Blackbird Academy of Arts Family Carnival, 1940s Style, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Centennial Center, Centennial Valley Country Club. $3, children 2 and under free; food and game tickets, $1 each. Family discounts, email@example.com. 336-8200.
• Family and Parenting Conference, 7 p.m., Beryl Baptist Church, 873 Main St., Vilonia. Speaker: Dr. Travis Plumlee. 501-796-3911.
• Freezin’ for a Reason, Faulkner County Circle of Friends, 5K, 10k and fun 2K, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Conway High Fieldhouse. Proceeds benefit Arkansas Children’s Hospital Foundation.
• Drumline Live, 7:30 p.m., UCA Public Appearances, Reynolds Performance Hall, tickets, 450-3265.
• 4th Annual "Swing" Ball to benefit Blackbird Academy of Arts, 7:30 p.m., Centennial Center, Centennial Valley Country Club, $40. Attire: 1940s inspired. 336-8200.
• "Black Taxi" and "Quiet Company" will play beginning at 9 p.m., Bear’s Den Pizza, 235 Farris Road.
• VFW Bingo, 1 p.m., 1885 Old Morrilton Highway.
Please send items for Roundabout to Becky Harris at www.thecabin.net/events and click "Create Event."