• Conway High School Plant Sale, 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. on school days. 450-4897.
• Downtown Merchant Breakfast, 8:45 a.m., Children’s Advocacy Alliance office, Parkway and Prairie.
• Arkansas Student Success Symposium, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., reviewing best practices for improving student success. UCA Student Center.
• Conway Adult Education is registering now from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for a new term of computer classes. Call 450-4810 for more information, see schedule at caec.org or visit the center at 125 Center Street.
• Close-Knit Faith Community, 9:30 a.m., interdenominational group of knitters and crocheters who knit for charity. St. Joseph Parish Administration Office, 501 Front St.
• UCA Green Week, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., "Recycling."
• Conway Kiwanis Club, 11:30 a.m., Chinatown Restaurant. Program: Key Club/Circle K, by Tommy Shackelford and Janetta Fuqua.
• Faulkner County Day School Inc., annual board meeting, noon, Milestones Building, 1700 South Boulevard.
• Visiting scholar lecture by Dr. Michael Deem, professor of bioengineering, physics and astronomy at Rice University, Hendrix Mills B, sponsored by Phi Beta Kappa chapter, 450-1288.
• Toad Store opens.
• UCA Green Week, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., "The Natural State."
• Conway Rotary Club, 11:30 a.m., Conway Country Club. Speaker: Robert Hopkins, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, Little Rock Branch.
• Faulkner County Tea Party, 11:30 a.m., lunch and soapbox, Larry’s Pizza.
• "State of Health" inaugural luncheon sponsored by Conway Regional Women’s Council, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., UCA Student Center Ballroom. Tickets, 513-5771. Speakers: Joe Bates, deputy director of the Arkansas Department of Health and Jim Lambert, president and CEO of Conway Regional Health System. For tickets, call 513-5771.
• Friends of Conway Cradle Care, 5 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 730-0017, planning for August Fashion Show and Rally.
• Conway Evening Lions Club, 6:30 p.m., Smitty’s Barbecue, 740 S. Harkrider. 336-5959.
• Concert: Tatiana Roitman, piano, and Jeff Zehngut, violin, guest artists, 7:30 p.m., Snow Fine Arts Center Recital Hall, 7:30 p.m.
• Sacred music by Chancel Choir of First United Methodist Church, 6:30 p.m., sanctuary.
* Annual Meeting of the Faulkner County Historical Society features Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission member Mark Christ speaking on the Little Rock Campaign at the Faulkner County Library in Conway at 6:30 p.m. Call (501) 336-8389 or email email@example.com for additional information. For other sesquicentennial events, go to thttp://www.arkansascivilwar150.com/events/.
• Cherokee Bingo, 5 p.m., Bob’s Grill in Downtown Conway.
• Greenbrier Chamber of Commerce Community Recognition Awards Banquet, 5:30 p.m., Junior High Cafetorium, tickets, $35, Chamber office 501-679-4009.
• Conway Evening Garden Club, 6:30 p.m., Faulkner County Library. Public welcome. Speaker: Janet Carson, extension horticulturist for Cooperate Extension Service. Founder of the Master Gardener volunteer program in 1988.
Please send items for Roundabout to Becky Harris at www.thecabin.net/events and click "Create Event."