The Conway City Council will vote Tuesday night to create a "board of assessment" responsible for overseeing property appraisals in the Central Business District. The meeting will start at 6:30 p.m. in the district court building at 810 Parkway St.
The council created the central business district earlier this month. A tax will be levied on downtown property owners based on assessed property value and the money used for downtown improvement projects. Also, property owners inside the district are eligible for state tax credits for renovations and other projects.
Proposed members of the board are Conway Corp. CEO Richie Arnold, chamber of commerce VP T.J. Johnston and Robert "Bunny" Adcock of Home Bancshares, Inc.
In other business, the council will consider:
• Closing a 15 foot utility easement located in Christina Subdivision located at west of 2401 Christina Lane.
• An ordinance closing the 15 foot utility easement lying in Lot 3-B of a replat in Christina Subdivision located west of 2401 Christina Lane.
• A public hearing to discuss the closing of a 16.5 foot utility easement in Golden Meadows Subdivision.
• An ordinance closing the 16.5 foot utility easement lying in Lot 38 of Golden Meadows Subdivision located at 5015 West Tyler Street.
• A change order for Cantrell Field Terminal Building Change Order No. 1 to modify entry canopy appearance and miscellaneous other items.
• A modification to the design engineering contract for the Cantrell Field Terminal Building.
• An engineering service agreement for the T-Hangars and Community Hangar at the Relocated Cantrell Field.
• An ordinance amending by reference by the airport height and land use zoning overlay district adopted
by referring Ordinance O-11-35.
• Resolutions requesting the Faulkner County Tax Collector to place a certified lien on certain properties as a result of incurred expenses by the City.
• Payment of business (rental property) relocation expenses relating to Tract 75 (Brownlee) of the Conway Western Loop right of way acquisition.
• A concurrence with Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department in award of Contract for Conway Western Loop Interchange (Grading and Structures) to Mobley Contractors, Inc. of Morrilton, Arkansas.
• A conditional use permit to allow surface parking and religious activity in an SP Urban Zone (T5) for property located in the vicinity of 1272 Sutton Street.
• An ordinance to rezone property located north of Dave Ward Drive within Quail Run Circle and one lot
on the north side of Quail Run Circle just south of Shepherd’s Creek Subdivision from A-1 to R-1.
• Disposal of certain inventory for various departments.
• An ordinance appropriating funds for the 2012 City Audit.
• Approval the monthly financials ending October 31.
(Staff writer Joe Lamb can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 505-1277. To comment on this and other stories in the Log Cabin, log on to www.thecabin.net. Send us your news at www.thecabin.net/submit)