It’s an in-your-face sign that’s turning heads near the University of Central Arkansas campus. The sign is being held by a father in mourning, calling out kids who he said could have saved his son from overdosing on prescription drugs. 

Ken Ashley-Pauley stands alone with his sign at the corner of Donaghey and College Avenues in Conway. The sign reads, "My son died in [the] house across [the] street (Wet House). Mark Murphy, why no 911 call, no police call, hospital one block away." 

"This is raw and it is in your face," commented Ashley-Pauley, regarding the content of his cardboard sign. "But my son being dead – that’s in my face and that’s raw." 

His son, Josh Ashley-Pauley, 20, died of an apparent drug overdose. Ashley-Pauley said his son died in the "Wet House". According to him, his son’s childhood friends were "taking care of him" and brought him to the "Wet House" passed out. They drew graphic images on his face, even took a video while he was supposedly passed out. 

"I asked them why would you do a video like that," questioned Ashley-Pauley. "He said, ‘It’s what we do – it was funny. Anytime anyone gets drunk and passes out we do it.’" 

But Ashley-Pauley wasn’t actually passed out – he had already died. Conway Regional Hospital was right down the block from the house. 

"I can run down there in 20 seconds," lamented Ashley-Pauley. 

Instead his friends allegedly took Josh Ashley-Pauley to the hospital after he had died. A grieving father said just a simple phone call could have saved his son’s life. 

"Nobody called 9-1-1, nobody called police," cried Ashley-Pauley. 

Now the father said he’ll continue to walk the busy intersection near the "Wet House" until passersby and those inside the house get the message. 

"We can’t bring Josh back," said Ashley-Pauley. "But all we want to do is start educating these kids." 

The people who live inside the "Wet House" put out their own sign in response to Ashley-Pauley. It reads, "Josh wouldn’t want this. RIP – gone but never forgotten." 

Ashley-Pauley believes his son’s friends may have been scared to call 911, possibly being intoxicated as well. Conway & UCA PD both encourage kids to call 911 in instances like those – regardless of their own level of intoxication.