police beat

From Conway Police Department reports

Greenbrier man behind bars in felony case

A Greenbrier man is behind bars after he reportedly held a Conway woman against her will and beat her inside a gas station restroom last week.

According to an incident report, the woman attempted to escape 34-year-old Randy Clayton Davis several times before she finally got away on Nov. 28.

The alleged victim called police from The Food Store, a gas station at the intersection of Dave Ward Drive and South German Lane, saying Davis “had beaten and robbed her.”

According to the woman’s statement, Davis had driven her vehicle for about two hours as she rode along in the passenger seat. During the ride, Davis reportedly took the woman’s phone “so she could not call anyone” and refused to let her leave the vehicle.

After two failed attempts to get away, the woman told authorities she “took the opportunity to run inside [The Food Store] for help.”

Once inside, Davis reportedly took her into the restroom and proceeded to “hit her and pull her hair,” the report states.

As police investigated the incident, one officer found a clump of hair near the restrooms that “was the same color and length of [the woman’s] hair.”

Davis reportedly left the woman at the gas station, making off with her vehicle, cell phone and purse, according to the report.

Another officer was able to stop Davis at a residence on Azalea Loop.

When she first pulled up behind the suspect, officer Hannah Slajer said Davis sped up and “drifted into a left turn” onto Azalea Loop.

After the suspect pulled into a driveway on Azalea Loop, officer Slajer ordered Davis to stop. Inside the vehicle, Slajer said she found multiple open beer cans and identified several of the alleged victim’s belongings.

Davis was arrested and charged with first-degree terroristic threatening, third-degree domestic battery, theft of property and second-degree false imprisonment. Online records show he was also cited for reportedly having an open container of alcohol in a vehicle and for driving on a suspended license.

Teen found inside Walmart after store closes for night

A Conway man caught inside the Walmart Neighborhood Market after hours claimed he was borrowing the items police accused him of stealing.

Authorities were first called at 12:19 a.m. Sunday to the Walmart Neighborhood Market on Prince Street regarding a possible break-in. According to an incident report, authorities were notified that two motion sensors triggered an alarm to go off at the store that morning.

Officers Austin Clagett and William Lipsmeyer responded to the business, checking the front doors and walking the perimeter of the building to make sure everything was OK.

“We did not see any movement, and all we could hear was the music over the loud speakers,” Clagett noted in his report. “As we checked the back of the building, we did hear an audible alarm for approximately 30 seconds but then it was silent. We made sure the entire building was secure, and then checked back available for calls.”

Just before 1 a.m., police were called back to the neighborhood market.

This time, the security system detected someone “walking through the store,” according to the report.

Officers met an assistant manager at the store and soon located the suspect, 18-year-old Jerome Andrew Solomon, near the restrooms.

Solomon claimed he got to the store “around 9-10 p.m.” and didn’t notice the store had closed. The store closes at midnight.

Solomon gave police the OK to search the backpack he had with him. As officer Sandra Keefe pulled out items, the Conway teen claimed he’d either brought the items from home or purchased them earlier that day.

“As he started explaining each item, I could tell that he was nervous and was attempting to justify his innocence,” Clagett’s report states.

According to the report, police found two power banks in Solomon’s backpack as well as a set of headphones, two LG cell phones and a notebook in his pockets.

Eventually, the 18-year-old told police he was only “borrowing” the power banks and that he planned to give them back. The teen told authorities he threw the packaging away in the men’s restroom trash can.

Upon searching the trashcan, police learned Solomon “had stolen more stuff, including one of the cell phones.”

Once he was arrested, the teen admitted that “right after the store closed, he began stealing the items.”

“He stated that he stole one of the LG phones, a phone minutes card, the charger packs, the headphones, one five hour energy drink, a pack of hot hands, and a Monster energy drink,” the incident report reads in part.

Solomon, who remains behind bars in the Faulkner County Detention Center, was charged with commercial burglary and theft of property following the early-morning incident.

Couple accused of theft

A Little Rock couple faces felony charges after allegedly attempting to steal construction equipment from outside the future Los Tres Potrillos restaurant.

The owner passed by the business on Sunday when he noticed the skid loader was no longer parked on the side of the building. According to the report, he saw a white U-Haul pickup truck circling the restaurant that had the Bobcat skid loader on a trailer when he decided to call his father about the incident.

According to the complainant’s statement, he called his father to see if he’d arranged to have the equipment picked up.

When he called his father about the incident, the complainant said he was instructed to follow the suspect vehicle, which had pulled into the Roadrunner gas station.

The complainant confronted the couple about the equipment when 58-year-old Mark Ferrell said “a friend asked him to pick it up from he restaurant just off the interstate, because he was not able to go pick it up.”

The complainant gave authorities paperwork proving the equipment was his and the couple was arrested.

According to the report, police also found “several types of vehicle and ATV keys” and two suspected methamphetamine pipes in the truck.

Ferrell and Kristy Deleon, 50, both face theft of property and possession of drug paraphernalia charges following the incident.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.