A friend of mine who grew up in Yell County was a regular visitor of the creeks that zig-zag through the Ozark and Ouachita mountains. One of his favorite fishing, swimming and paddling spots was Big Piney Creek in Pope County.
For his incredible 16 games in the coronavirus pandemic abbreviated college baseball season, Arkansas junior outfielder Heston Kjerstad of Amarillo, Texas Tuesday was named first-team All-American by the Collegiate Baseball newspaper.
Thanks to a proclamation by Gov. Asa Hutchinson announced earlier this week, anyone may fish in Arkansas without a fishing license or trout stamp from noon Friday, June 12, through midnight Sunday night, June 14. The proclamation was read at today’s online commission meeting by Megan Perkins…
This week, I’ll combine my recurring series of columns that feature good guys and those that detail local athletes who have been enshrined into the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame.
In its 35th year of honoring the nation’s best high school athletes, the Gatorade Company announced Cayden Wallace of Greenbrier High School as its 2019-20 Gatorade Arkansas Baseball Player of the Year.
Central Baptist College Director of Soccer Operations Lance Gordon has announced another new signee to his 2020 recruiting class. Matthew Dollar, a native of Central Arkansas, will join the Mustangs this fall.
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission voted today to approve many changes to the Commission’s Code of Regulations, including many wildlife regulations that may impact hunters during the 2020-21 hunting seasons. The proposals were presented to the public through an online survey in March and …
Central Baptist College Director of Soccer Operations Lance Gordon has announced the addition of another men’s soccer player to his 2020 recruiting class. Jonathan Cepeda will join the Mustangs this fall.
Expected to be a first-round choice in the June 10 Major League baseball draft, Razorbacks junior outfielder Heston Kjerstad will depart the University of Arkansas almost as well known for hitting the books as for hitting fastballs.
The University of Central Arkansas women’s basketball program has secured the fifth member of its 2020 recruiting class, as head coach Sandra Rushing has announced the addition of 6-foot forward Lucy Ibeh out of Collin College to the Sugar Bear roster.
Central Baptist College athletics revealed a new set of logos and branding Monday, the college announced in a news release. This is the first update of CBC’s athletic logos since 2012 when they unveiled the former logo.
Central Baptist College softball coach Jordon Jones has announced two new signees to her 2020 recruiting class. Lauren Anderson and Cyndie Almaraz, both from Texas, will join the Mustangs this fall.
Central Baptist College head baseball coach Dr. Aaron Brister has announced the addition of a 23rd player to his 2021 recruiting class. Branson Wilson will join the Mustangs this fall.
Hendrix College basketball coach Thad McCracken and Conway High School basketball coach Brian “Salty” Longing have been presented with the fourth annual Raymond Bright Awards for the 2019-20 school year.
Central Baptist College Director of Soccer Operations Lance Gordon has announced another addition to the men’s soccer program. Kenner Maldonado will join the program this fall.
Central Baptist College women’s basketball coach Lyle Middleton has announced the signing of 10 players to his 2020-21 recruiting class. These 10 are one of the largest recruiting classes for women’s basketball ever and the players signing are Riley Bridges, Alexis McClaren, Brogan Jones, Vi…
Central Baptist College baseball coach Dr. Aaron Brister continued to increase his recruiting class as he announced, today, the signing of the 24th player to his 2021 class. Central Arkansas native Spencer Hartwick will join the Mustangs this fall.
Central Baptist College head volleyball coach Stephanie Irwin has announced the addition of another new player to her 2020 recruiting class. Molly Murphy will join the Mustangs this fall.
According to what Arkansas Razorbacks Athletic Director Hunter Yurachek told the University of Arkansas Board of Trustees Monday, the Razorbacks plan to start preseason football practice in mid July and preparing for their Sept. 5 season opener against the University of Nevada at Reynolds Ra…
Today through Saturday four former Razorbacks off Arkansas’ 2019 football team will learn if their invitations to the NFL Combine Feb. 27-March 1 in Indianapolis started them getting selected in the NFL Draft.
Arkansas Coach Eric Musselman officially completed his last part of a nationally basketball renowned recruiting class Monday signing highly regarded 6-foot point guard KK Robinson of Bryant with a prep season at Oak Hill (Va.) Academy while announcing the second of his two 2029 leading score…
Destiny Slocum, a 2-year starting guard for the Oregon State University women’s basketball team, after transferring from Maryland, announced Saturday she is joining Coach Mike Neighbors’ Arkansas Razorbacks as a graduate transfer.
After successive 2-10 “hammer down” seasons sloganeered under fired Arkansas Coach Chad Morris, new offensive coordinator Kendal Briles wisely replied with a no call when called upon what to call his Arkansas offense.
Arkansas senior William Buhl and sophomore Julian Perico were selected as Division I PING All-Central Region honorees, the Golf Coaches Association of America announced today.
Moses Moody signed a national basketball letter of intent with the University of Arkansas Friday, bringing to the Razorbacks an Arkansas background starring in high school at both Little Rock Parkview and then for state champion North Little Rock polished by two years at Monteverde (Fla.) Academy.
Little Rock Parkview senior-to-be quarterback Landon Rogers on Thursday became the third football prospect verbally committed to sign a 2021 letter of intent with the University of Arkansas.
After two years at junior college not recruited by the majors of women’s college basketball, former Conway Wampus Cat Alexis Tolefree soared to a prominent University of Arkansas junior in 2018-2019 into a first-team All-SEC senior on Coach Mike Neighbors 24-8 Razorbacks that finished 10-6 t…
Tarvaris Jackson, lettering under Coach Houston Nutt as an Arkansas Razorbacks backup quarterback in 2002, became at least the third former Razorback football passing away this month.
FAYETTEVILLE — Northern Kentucky University basketball guard Jalen Tate said he is coming to Arkansas joining Coach Eric Musselman’s Razorbacks as a 1-year graduate transfer for the 2020-2021 season.
On March 30, it was announced that the NCAA Division I Council voted to allow schools to provide spring-sport student-athletes an additional season of competition and an extension of eligibility.
- Inmate populations at a 10-year low in Faulkner County
- Sunday parade celebrates WWII vet's 95th birthday
- Council approves establishing $200K credit line during pandemic
- Greenbrier park nearing completion
- Brothers hope residents 'don't lose heart'
- Conway teen missing out on senior activities remains focused on his future
- State officials release statements on clinic's noncompliance
- Temporary testing site opening Friday in Greenbrier
- Conway Christian: Keeping students on quarantine engaged is a must
- State officials release statements on clinic's noncompliance
- UCA announces plans for spring commencement
- Renewal Ranch receives donation
- Ridgemere seniors hosting community egg hunt
- Conway to host weekly update to address district questions
- Gov. Hutchinson gives State of the State address
- Unemployment claims expected to reach 150,000 by end of week
- Public welcomed to drive-thru Easter bunny photo event
- COVID-19 numbers reach 949 in Arkansas
- Governor makes call to close schools for rest of year
- Governor plans to discuss schools, more during Monday update
- 5/29/2020 Police Beat
- Winners announced in Arkansas PBS KIDS Writers Contest
- UAMS receives $1.28 million pledge to develop school nutrition program
- Yesterdays 5/28/20
- Log Cabin begins reopening
- Governor urges caution by young people during reopening
- Council has first meeting in new City Hall
- Athletic Support: “Wearing masks to practice”
- Man accused of sexually abusing child held on $100K bond
- Ex-law firm employee accused of pocketing client payments
- 5/26/2020 Police Beat
- Community shows support for St. Andrews Place residents
- AGFC issues advisory for Lake Overcup
- Vilonia woman recognized for skills
- Woman facing 30 years in 2018 stabbing at 10Box
- Police offer reward in 2018 murder case
- 5/22/2020 Police Beat
- Robert “Robbie” Howard Pond
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.