PYEONGCHANG, South Korea (AP) — Ester Ledecka of the Czech Republic won the second leg of an unprecedented Winter Olympics double, taking the gold medal in snowboarding's parallel giant slalom to pair with her surprise skiing victory in the Alpine super-G a week earlier.

In other highlights of Day 15 of the Pyeongchang Games, the U.S. men's curling team beat Sweden 10-7 for a decisive upset in the gold medal game Saturday. The men later were accidentally presented with medals stamped out for the women's winners before they were swapped out for the correct ones.

It was also a record-setting day for Norway, which took bronze in the new Alpine skiing team event to tally its 38th medal in Pyeongchang — a Winter Olympics record.


The Canadians made sure they aren't going home from the Olympics empty-handed, even after missing out on a third straight gold medal.

Andrew Ebbett, Chris Kelly and Derek Roy each scored in the first period, and Canada took the bronze medal at the Pyeongchang Games by beating the Czech Republic 6-4.

This was the third bronze for Canada to go along with nine gold medals for the country that created hockey, not that the Canadians seemed to mind too much when the buzzer sounded. They hugged in celebration at the net where Kevin Poulin made 30 saves in his second straight start in place of the injured Ben Scrivens.

Ebbett and Kelly added a goal apiece in the third, and Wojtek Wolski also scored for Canada, which also finished with bronze in 1968 and 1956.


Top favorite Lee Seung-hoon skated a masterful race and unleashed a final sprint that no one could match to take gold for South Korea in the men's mass start at the Pyeongchang Olympics.

Behind him, Belgian inline skater Bart Swings held on to take silver ahead of Koen Verweij of the Netherlands on Saturday.

In a tactical race, 5,000-meter champion Sven Kramer went for gold with four laps to go, but the Dutchman was caught just as he entered the final lap. From then on, it was a race among the trio, and Lee's skills on the tight final corner paid off.

It was the first South Korean gold medal at the Gangneung Oval.



Japan's Nana Takagi blasted past opposition in the final straightaway to win the first women's mass start ahead of Kim Bo-reum of South Korea and take her second gold medal of the Pyeongchang Olympics.

Irene Schouten of the Netherlands was leading into the final straightaway but went too wide on the final corner and had to settle for bronze Saturday.

Takagi already was part of Japan's team pursuit that won gold earlier in the week.

It was the third gold medal already for Japan at the Olympic speedskating Oval.

Pink beard

An official with the U.S. Ski and Snowboarding team made good on a 12-year-old promise by dyeing his gray beard pink when Kikkan Randall won America's first gold medal in cross-country skiing.

Vice President of Communications Tom Kelly had told the 35-year-old Randall that he would dye his beard pink if she ever won a medal.

Randall didn't just win a medal Wednesday. She and Jessica Diggins took gold in the women's sprint free relay.

That meant Kelly found himself in a hair salon in the Olympic village on Saturday morning. He said the people in the salon were ecstatic when Randall walked in with her gold medal.

Kelly says, "They thought it was fun. We all thought it was fun. But I'm not sure my wife likes it."

Police incident

South Korean police say they've detained a Canadian ski cross competitor, his wife and a coach for allegedly taking a car during the Pyeongchang Olympics.

Police on Saturday said the three allegedly got into a car in front of a bar and drove it near the Pyeongchang athletes village before they were detained by police on patrol.

Police say all three were intoxicated when they were stopped.

Canadian Olympic Committee chief executive Chris Overholt says an "incident occurred" just after midnight.

Overholt told a news conference, "We have confirmation that individuals attached to our team are involved in the investigation and they're cooperating."

The police and the Canadian delegation declined to release the names of anybody involved.

Overholt says, "We take this matter, of course, very, very seriously. However, until we know the results of the investigation, we're not really in a position to comment much further."

Police in Pyeongchang and at the Gangwon Provincial Police Agency say the three remain in custody, but likely could be released if they pay a fine.