After drawing with Incarnate Word in the Alamo City in their previous game, Central Arkansas (2-2-1) returned to the Stephens Complex hosting the Vacqueros of the University of Texas at Rio Grande Valley (4-2-0).

The game saw the Bears come up just short, as they fell to the Vaqueros 2-1.

The game got off to an even start, with both teams seeing equivalent possession in the first ten minutes.

The Bears saw a couple of opportunities early on including a shot from Chris Holmes that went just wide in the eighth minute and another strike from forward, Niklas Brodacki in the 12th minute that called Vaquero keeper Andy Rios to action for his first save of the night.

UTRGV also had a couple of chances early on including a shot from forward, Kyle Edwards in the 11th minute that flew wide and a 1-on-1 opportunity just two minutes later that saw UCA keeper Marc Olsen make his first big save of the night.

Midfielder Angel Lopez found himself in a great position as a through ball was played to him on the backside of UCA's back line, but Olsen was equal to Lopez's effort and the score remained at zero goals apiece.

After a temporary injury to Olsen, junior goalkeeper Sebastian Thomsson was called to replace in the 14th minute and immediately saw action four minutes later as he too, was forced to make a 1-on-1 save.

Angel Lopez again snuck behind UCA's defense for his second breakaway opportunity of the game, but was again denied a goal as Thomsson was equal to the task, making his first save of the season.

Olsen would return to the match in the 26th minute.

Rio Grande Valley would earn a penalty kick in the 30th minute as Angel Lopez was clipped from behind by a UCA defender as he was preparing to shoot.

Arthur Rogers would convert from the penalty spot to put the Vaqueros up 1-0 with 15 minutes remaining in the first half.

Central Arkansas would respond eight minutes later as they found an equalizer from Ole Kjoerholt, netting his first goal of the season, as a perfectly executed set piece saw Christian Ilia's free kick played to the back post, finding the head of Daltyn Knutson. Knutson's header would then be squared across goal finding the head of Kjoerholt who headed it home from five yards away.

Kjoerholt's goal would be the last opportunity either team would create in the first half.

The second half saw the Bears fall behind early on on a first time finish from Kyle Edwards just inside the penalty area.

Isidro Martinez would square the ball across and Edwards was allowed to run onto it, stroking the ball into the bottom right corner of Olsen's net just inside the 50th minute. From there, the second half would be a battle of possession as both teams attempted to control the game.

The Bears were denied a couple of opportunities late in the match due to offsides calls and were unable to produce a clear, cut chance at another equalizer.

"We generated plenty of chances and we were either offside or the keeper made a good save or we missed our final touch and couldn't quite find it. Something to learn from and get better from," UCA coach Ross Duncan said.

The Bears will travel Sunday to St. Louis to face the Billikens of St. Louis University. Kickoff is scheduled for 5 p.m.